Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does Amex Platinum have access to every Plaza Premium Lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion of access to Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse lounges operated by Plaza Premium is here: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (USA and ZA) access for Platinum and Centurion

Print Wikipost

Does Amex Platinum have access to every Plaza Premium Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:53 am

airfly56 I get tripped up by that IDC page often because it readily pops up in most generic searches.

It is somewhat tedious but if there's ever a question at what applies to you, you can hunt down your applicable benefits by logging into your amex account, clicking the "Benefits" tab, and then the "Find a Lounge" button on the "Global Lounge Collection" pane. Assuming you're in the US, this will lead you to the page I linked above which, for whatever reason, doesn't always readily pop up in google searches.

I hope you get to enjoy the VS lounge! I am going to JFK in a month and unfortunately I will be there during the morning window when the lounge is closed. Woe is me, I'll have to slum it in the Centurion Lounge
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:54 pm

I will try the SFO Virgin Clubhouse in August and let you know
Old Apr 7, 2022, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
I hope you get to enjoy the VS lounge! I am going to JFK in a month and unfortunately I will be there during the morning window when the lounge is closed. Woe is me, I'll have to slum it in the Centurion Lounge
I'll be sure to have them playing Elvis "In the Ghetto" on the playset while you're there.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 5:34 pm

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
I think this may be the most appropriate / recent thread, avoiding to have to open a new one:

As I understand Amex Platinum (UK) cardholder can access Plaza Premium Lounges and take a companion along. So as with priority pass, the additional cardholder could also do the same, which effectively means 4 people in. However, I was wondering, could you then bring a second guest (so three entries with one card) and the third person is automatically charged to your Amex Platinum or is that not possible? This is how priority pass work but I could not see a similar scenario in the T&C for Amex/PPL arrangement.

Does anyone have any experience? If possible, what would the charge be?
We are flying as a family of 5 in August from LHR Terminal 4 (economy), which by then should be fully open and hopefully with the PPL reopen and best option there. I also have three separate family members on the same flight, and they have no lounge benefit, so I could either just get them in on our Amex Cards, or if not possible, I could ask them to buy (and myself buy one) some One entry DragonPass on an UK offer site for Ł20 each.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
I think this may be the most appropriate / recent thread, avoiding to have to open a new one:

As I understand Amex Platinum (UK) cardholder can access Plaza Premium Lounges and take a companion along. So as with priority pass, the additional cardholder could also do the same, which effectively means 4 people in. However, I was wondering, could you then bring a second guest (so three entries with one card) and the third person is automatically charged to your Amex Platinum or is that not possible? This is how priority pass work but I could not see a similar scenario in the T&C for Amex/PPL arrangement.

We are flying as a family of 5 in August from LHR Terminal 4 (economy), which by then should be fully open and hopefully with the PPL reopen and best option there. I also have three separate family members on the same flight, and they have no lounge benefit, so I could either just get them in on our Amex Cards, or if not possible, I could ask them to buy (and myself buy one) some One entry DragonPass on an UK offer site for Ł20 each.
It'll depend on the lounge how they let you mix and match that. Not seen any consistency to be honest.
marcopizzaiuolo likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo

First off the gatekeeper ultimately makes decisions so YMMV.

My life experience is that benefits are not stacked. For example was flying QRO-IAH-SFO with a bunch of MBA classmates. At the time I had Continental Gold status, and lifetime memberships in both the CO Presidents Club and NW World Club. Either membership would have granted two guests, but not Gold status. Tried to bring three friends in and they said No Bueno. Have had similar experiences as a UA Plat with United Club membership, and on OW with Admirals Club membership + OW Emerald via AS on a DFW-LHR flight.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can authorized users access Plaza Premium lounges, too? Since they get access to the Global Lounge Collection, I would think yes, but often there are exceptions. Hoping to use Amex Plat as an authorized user for the LHR T2 Plaza Premium lounge
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can authorized users access Plaza Premium lounges, too? Since they get access to the Global Lounge Collection, I would think yes, but often there are exceptions. Hoping to use Amex Plat as an authorized user for the LHR T2 Plaza Premium lounge
Plat card is plat card. Same access privileges. No problem w/ AU cards.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Found this interesting page from Plaza Premium that lists the lounges they operate which accept Amex Platinum, notably excluding the Plaza Premium First lounges.

Interestingly Capital One has their own deal with Plaza Premium that includes the First lounges, but lacks a bunch of other lounges.

As said unthread, ultimately the gatekeeper is the person at the front door who interprets the rules set by the lounge operator. Pointing out this list could help make a stronger case for entrance.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Found this interesting page from Plaza Premium that lists the lounges they operate which accept Amex Platinum, notably excluding the Plaza Premium First lounges.
The world has indeed changed from what I had remembered. Cap One with lounges and Plaza Premium with F lounges? For the latter, domestic F or int'l true 3-class F? Or, do we consider, say, the VS club at SFO a "First Class" lounge?
Old Sep 23, 2022, 9:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Visconti
....Plaza Premium with F lounges?
These are lounges which Plaza Premium brands as "First". There are only a few:

https://www.plazapremiumfirst.com/
Visconti likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.