Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx Targeted NLL cards offers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:45 pm

If you can’t use the United travel bank, pick Southwest as your airline and book dummy flights under $100, when you have to really travel, then exchange those tickets to use up the AMEX credit. (I have 140,000 Southwest points so this is of limited utility for me).

I just cancelled my second AMEX biz gold a month after I got another NLL email offer for third at 90K points.

Dealing with five Amex plat cards (one personal, four biz) It is taking up more and more of my bandwidth to deal with $1000 in airline credits, $1600 in Dell credits (I have a ton of printer ink sitting around in my office), setting a iPhone reminder to pay my cell phone bill from four cards to milk the monthly $10 credit. I might be like the only person here who actually uses the Indeed credit. So unless they totally waive the annual fee (which they did on my first Amex biz plat card before the NLL offers last year), I’m bailing at the time of renewal. If you aren’t captive to a certain airline (AA in Phoenix), there is utility in holding two or three cards to pick DL/ UA as your 35% back airline.

Reminder: best time to get a NLL Amex biz plat is end of November. That way you can triple dip the AMEX and Dell credits over three years (Dec 2022, all of 2023, and Jan 2024, cancel Jan 2024).
Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by schistosomiasis
… best time to get a NLL Amex biz plat is end of November. That way you can triple dip … credits over three years (Dec 2022, all of 2023, and Jan 2024, cancel Jan 2024).
End of November or early December, true not just for NLL Biz Plat but also for several other cards which have annual credits. I did it with Schwab Plat a few years ago and an Enhanced Biz Plat several years ago prior to the advent of NLL Plats. Also would work for AmEx Hilton Aspire annual airline fee credit, Chase Hyatt personal 5 qualifying nights upon approval and annually thereafter on Jan 1st, maybe Chase Sapphire Reserve annual travel credit and probably a few other cards of which I’m unfamiliar. Excellent learning point for a frequent flyer credit card monger .
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Jun 25, 2022 at 2:40 pm Reason: additional card added
Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:50 pm

Here's a new one: I got a preapproved NLL Amex biz blue for 75,000 points, 0% APR 12 months, no annual fee for spending $15,000 within a year of approval (rather than the three months for biz gold or plat). I could choose between this and Amex cash blue for $750 back under same terms. This would be my second Amex biz blue (it has one of my biz plat cards at the top of the email). This is the equivalent of 7 points per dollar or a whopping 10.78% back when redeemed for airfare, so I'll take it (I already have three amex biz plat cards and it takes bandwidth to keep track of all the credits; a year to meet SUB is good as I'm trying to get Hyatt globalist via spend on my chase biz hyatt card before end of this year).
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by schistosomiasis
... preapproved NLL Amex biz blue for 75,000 points,...
Outstanding, congratulations, great news, thanks for sharing. Particularly as NLL offers (in general) seem to be less common and as Blue Biz Plus has no AF and usually a small SUB.
schistosomiasis likes this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Aug 2, 2022 at 1:41 pm Reason: clarification
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Datapoint Validation (again): 90 days still seems to be the correct number of days between successful same card AmEx applications. NLL Biz plat pop-up offer. Not sure if it was out of addiction or to TOFTT, applied approximately 70 days after most recent biz plat approval. Declined, reason stated, same card recently approved.
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Is there a way to “keep” a one-time pop-up NLL Offer which appears prior to preferred application date? Would it work to click on the link and then bookmark the next page? Thank you. …
Question asked and answered: Same biz plat pop-up offer as above, expiration date April 2023, appeared on AmEx login one time. Chrome bookmarked the landing page and the application page, both bookmarks appear to work properly a week later.

(Mods: I hope it’s OK that it appears like I’m having a conversation mostly with myself on this thread. Definitely trying to post information that’s helpful to everyone. 😀😀😀 )

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Aug 8, 2022 at 11:55 am Reason: typo correction
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Datapoint Validation (again): 90 days still seems to be the correct number of days between successful same card AmEx applications. NLL Biz plat pop-up offer. Not sure if it was out of addiction or to TOFTT, applied approximately 70 days after most recent biz plat approval. Declined, reason stated, same card recently approved. Question asked and answered: Same biz plat pop-up offer as above, expiration date April 2023, appeared on AMEx login one time. Chrome bookmarked the landing page and the application page, both bookmarks appear to work properly a week later.

(Mods: I hope it’s OK that it appears like I’m having a conversation mostly with myself on this thread. Definitely trying to post information that’s helpful to everyone. 😀😀😀 )
Another option that worked for me... With all of my NLL offers, I would copy and paste the link to a Word doc. Once I was ready to apply, I would just click the link in the doc. Those Amex offers would show up and vanish. The other lesson I learned was that some of those offers would expire before the expiration date (I think that happened to 2 of my offers).
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
I must admit I continue to be rather jealous of all this. Neither my wife, nor I have literally ever even seen a NLL offer in real life. Have only read about them on various blogs and here on FT. Its like a purple unicorn. Have never received one via email, snail mail, nor seen one when logged in to Amex.com (and yes, we've enabled all Marketing options w/Amex). We pretty consistently use all our Amex cards (we don't "sock drawer" them) and on some cards that spend is not inconsequential.

My wife holds a personal Amex Gold (in addition to two other Amex cards) which has an "upgrade offer" when logged into Amex.com but even the upgrade offer has lifetime language (and of course she has already had the personal Platinum card in the past)

Anyhow, congrats to all who continue to get offered these and who are cleaning up in MR points...

Regards
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:17 am

The majority of those offers are for business cards. You need to have an MR earning card to be targeted.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by scubadu
....Neither my wife, nor I have literally ever even seen a NLL offer in real life.....
You might try creating a registered business (LLC or Corporation) that card issuers can see in the state database. I don't know what this entails in Texas, could be more trouble than it's worth.

When I login to both of our accounts today, this offer is displayed: https://www.americanexpress.com/en-u...employee-card/ does the link work for you? Do the terms exclude previous cardholders?

Last edited by mia; Aug 8, 2022 at 10:57 am
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

… purple unicorn. …. Regards.
Originally Posted by Saturn
The majority of those offers are for business cards. You need to have an MR earning card to be targeted.
FWIW a little more than a year ago I was in the same boat as scubadu and could’ve written the exact same thing. I had never received a targeted NLL offer and was salivating at the thought of such an offer. I did have a no annual fee Blue Biz + account for about 4 to 5 years and maybe, if it’s true that an existing AmEx biz account is a prerequisite, that BB+ account is what enabled me to receive targeted NLL offers. Bear in mind that for the purposes of AmEx biz credit cards, one’s business bona fides can be notional, if not downright flimsy .
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Aug 8, 2022 at 7:49 pm Reason: clarification
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Saturn
Fair point. We are moving in that direction. Wife has an Amex business card, but its not MR earning (Marriott). I recently acquired an Amex Biz Gold but probably haven't had it long enough to reasonably expect any offers yet. Knowing my luck the gravy train will end before I've had the card long enough...

Regards
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by mia
You might try creating a registered business (LLC or Corporation) that card issuers can see in the state database. I don't know what this entails in Texas, could be more trouble than it's worth.
Thanks for the idea, but yea, probably not going to go to that level of effort (at least yet).

Originally Posted by mia
When I login to both of our accounts today, this offer is displayed: https://www.americanexpress.com/en-u...employee-card/ does the link work for you? Do the terms exclude previous cardholders?
So, when I use that link, it takes me to the offer and I do see that it does not have any lifetime language, but when I click "Apply Now" it forces me to login to my Amex account to apply. Once I do login it immediately lands on a "We are sorry. This offer is no longer available. If you'd still like to apply for a Business Card from American Express click here" message. I tried with my wife's login as well and get the same message.

Regards
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:39 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...."We are sorry. This offer is no longer available....
This confirms that the offer is targeted. Sorry.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by mia
This confirms that the offer is targeted. Sorry.
No worries at all, it is what it is. I appreciate your effort.

We certainly have a fair stash of MR points, but nonetheless, still suffering a little FOMO seeing other people clean up!

Regards
Old Aug 9, 2022, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

... Knowing my luck the gravy train will end before I've had the card long enough... Regards
No way. That’s MY luck, not YOUR luck, and I’m not giving it to you .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.