Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (access now with Priority Pass).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse (access now with Priority Pass).

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2021, 12:14 pm

Guest Policy DP

Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
Just to draw a bigger spotlight to it, the restricted hours at the JFK Lounge only make it available between 5AM and 8AM, which is certainly pretty restrictive. Still, I tend to take early flights and its nicer to have options (Centurion, Delta, Virgin) at JFK.

Edit: OP's article doesn't talk about guest access but the Guest Policy on Virgin's page suggests that you can bring in a guest provided that they are also simultaneously entering the lounge with you and flying out of T4 on an international flight operated by Virgin/Delta/Air France/KLM on that day. However, Virgin's page has not been updated to reflect the fact that the Amex Platinum grants access as of yet.
Late September at IAD for 2 days in a row (cancelled flight) our group of 6 was able to enter virgin lounge with just 2 cards so I think it may be 2 guests per cardholder. Similar experience to others, the lounge was very empty with a really nice waiter and food/drink selection. First day only reason I found out about it was they had a big sign by the door stating Platinum cardholder access, which we circled back to after being denied entry to the PP Turkish lounge just a few gates down where the rest of our party was. We all migrated down to Virgin which was very quiet and great table service, and did the same pre-flight the next day (both days we were flying out of separate terminal FWIW).

Our group enjoyed multiple rounds of drinks (guinness, heineken, red wine, champagne) and some tasty food (grilled chicken sandwich + fries, butternut squash soup, ice cream brownie sundae, cookies, chips, cheeses) which can all be ordered to table via QR code or a circulating waiter. Might be the best option for Plat out of IAD
chrisny2, Statman, esc2476 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 4:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse IAD

Sitting in the virgin Atlantic clubhouse at IAD. Priority pass is no longer accepted here, but Amex plat still is. This is a lovely option- the lounge is peaceful with only three or four customers along with table service and a small menu. It’s an improvement from the priority pass lounges at IAD. The food is decent and the bar menu is great including Lanson champagne. I’m surprised it’s even open considering that Virgin Atlantic flights aren’t currently operating out of Dulles.

Boraxo and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 1:14 pm

Heathrow Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse access with Amex?

Does anyone know whether the heathrow virgin atlantic clubhouse will be able to be accessed with Amex Platinum anytime soon? I recently tried accessing it but was unable to. I went to the lounge with the assumption that it should be accessible since I was able to access the JFK virgin clubhouse with my platinum card.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 1:35 pm

an62 the source article linked above notes that Amex Platinum access to Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses is limited to the Johannesburg and US locations. More importantly, it notes that these locations are operated by Plaza Premium and not VA. Amex Platinum has access to Plaza Premium lounges by virtue of the Global Lounge Collection benefit. Unless Plaza Premium assumes operation of the LHR lounge then, for the time being, Amex Platinum will not have access there.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 2:55 pm

Don't know if their operations have changed but using the VS lounge when on a VS operated flight vs a VS lounge with no VS flights scheduled was a very different experience.

With a VS flight it was truly a first class experience at LAX. Waiter/ress service, menus, great food and drink.

With no VS flights most of the lounge was curtained off and they threw a bag of peanuts at you .......
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sdix
Don't know if their operations have changed but using the VS lounge when on a VS operated flight vs a VS lounge with no VS flights scheduled was a very different experience.
I think it's clear that they have since Plaza Premium took over. The post not three above yours seems to detail a pretty good experience even though apparently there are no VS flights operating to that airport right now. Also the LAX lounge you refer to is no more and the space either has or will be taken over by Delta.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Access the Virgin Clubhouse at JFK with your Amex Platinum

https://thepointsguy.com/news/virgin...amex-platinum/

Amex Platinum and Business Platinum cardholders can now access the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at New York-JFK (JFK) in Terminal 4.

For now, the hours that Platinum cardholders can enter the Virgin Clubhouse are quite limited — from 5 a.m. to 8 a.m., daily.
The only bad thing is the limited hours for entry with the Platinum.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Any reports from the SFO Clubhouse using the Amex Plat for access?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by work2fly
Any reports from the SFO Clubhouse using the Amex Plat for access?
Was able to access early December morning time. Great food and only one other group. Quick detour to AF lounge right before was night and day.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Currently in the SFO clubhouse and very impressed - sit down dining, full bar, pretty decent cocktails, and plenty of seating. Menu is here: https://order.premiumvirginlounge.com/sfo

I think given A and B are connected post security this is a no-brainier for anyone flying AA/B6/WN vs trying to get into the Centurion — the hours are much more reasonable (1030-1730) than the JFK one, although I guess they don’t cover the eastbound redeyes where a full meal would be the most useful
seawolf, dhuey, Statman and 5 others like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by truncated
Currently in the SFO clubhouse and very impressed - sit down dining, full bar, pretty decent cocktails, and plenty of seating. Menu is here: https://order.premiumvirginlounge.com/sfo

I think given A and B are connected post security this is a no-brainier for anyone flying AA/B6/WN vs trying to get into the Centurion — the hours are much more reasonable (1030-1730) than the JFK one, although I guess they don’t cover the eastbound redeyes where a full meal would be the most useful
How's the food compared to the SFO Centurion. When it's crowded, my Priority Pass allows me to visit the two nearby restaurants.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by lsquare
How's the food compared to the SFO Centurion. When it's crowded, my Priority Pass allows me to visit the two nearby restaurants.
Truth be told I’ve never set foot in the SFO Centurion — been turned off by all the reports of overcrowding and DYKWIA tech bros from here, plus all my ex-SFO flights have been on B6 so switching terminals doesn’t seem worth it (vs with JFK it usually is). I was saving room for dinner in Mint so didn’t get any food this time around, but the cocktails I had were solid, and looking at the food menu the options all seem pretty hard to mess up.

Also when I first sat down in the lounge a server came over and asked if I wanted water - still or sparkling - and brought a glass over. Not something you’d see in any Centurion lol
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Does anyone know offhand what the guest policy is?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Does anyone know offhand what the guest policy is?
Two guests. See the link in post 2 of this thread.
Polytonic and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by mia
Two guests. See the link in post 2 of this thread.
Ah, I needed to scroll up more, hah. Thank you!
imnotalawyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.