Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Walmart & Amex bring Walmart+ to USA Platinum Card (Paramount Plus added Sept 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walmart & Amex bring Walmart+ to USA Platinum Card (Paramount Plus added Sept 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2021, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
Yes, I signed up for a W+ membership when the AMEX promo/tie-in started but have since cancelled it.
If you found the option to do that online, could you share the link? Thanks.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 5:41 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MaxVO
If you found the option to do that online, could you share the link? Thanks.
It was somewhere under account profile -- since my W+ account is not currently active I can't see what it looked like before, sorry. But probably would start here: https://www.walmart.com/account/plus/overview
Old Dec 22, 2021, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
It was somewhere under account profile -- since my W+ account is not currently active I can't see what it looked like before, sorry. But probably would start here: https://www.walmart.com/account/plus/overview
Thanks! I found the "cancel" option under "Manage Membership" while using Opera browser. I didn't see that option earlier using FF browser.
Zorak likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I really hate that these companies use DoorDash for their local deliveries. From a business perspective, it makes perfect sense. However, these services always make me feel so guilty that I have to leave a sizable tip or I'm pissing someone off. Now how much extra am I paying for all this crap I really don't need? For that, I just won't use them altogether.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Super Mario
I really hate that these companies use DoorDash for their local deliveries. From a business perspective, it makes perfect sense. However, these services always make me feel so guilty that I have to leave a sizable tip or I'm pissing someone off. Now how much extra am I paying for all this crap I really don't need? For that, I just won't use them altogether.
Ummm... if its crap you really don't need, why are you buying it in the first place, irrespective of tipping?

This FT obsession with "maximizing" useless credits has just become insane...

Regards
LHG and IndyHoosier like this.

Last edited by scubadu; Jan 1, 2022 at 9:36 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:35 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... crap I really don't need?
Why do you order anything that you don't need?
chrisny2, IndyHoosier and dollar like this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I do not have Walmart+, but do order from walmart.com for items to be shipped. Sometimes, some of the items in my order are delivered by my local Walmart store, instead of being shipped by Walmart. But because of COVID-19, I insist on contactless delivery, so there is never an issue with tipping for me.

I also get contactless delivery from Instacart, but do authorize a tip at time of order.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 4:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Got my first grocery order from WM (and anywhere). First selectable delivery time was about 6 hours later. Amazon Fresh claims 2 hours, not sure if that's guaranteed or just best case.

No ice for refrigerated and frozen items; they were in plain bags with everything else.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 6:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by italdesign
....Amazon Fresh claims 2 hours,
They mean that there will be a two hour delivery window. You choose a window based on availability. It often is on the same day, but not always. You can choose a one hour window if you pay a fee.

Amazon Fresh segregates frozen and refrigerated items from dry. Everything is packed in brown paper bags. Cardboard and paper insulation are added to the frozen and refrigerated bags.

The delivery process for Whole Foods Market is very similar to Amazon Fresh, but the fee structure is different.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:35 am
Community Director Emerita

I've used the Walmart + benefit twice. I really dislike the tip request. I don't tip Amazon drivers. Why would I tip Walmart drivers? I don't get it. The first time, perhaps 2 months ago, I was asked at the time of order if I wanted to tip. I said no. I placed an order this weekend. Walmart has Covid tests for $14, a great deal, so I ordered some and threw in a number of other items. They get parceled out into near individual deliveries, but that's a different issue. Anyway, I wasn't asked for a tip so thought great, others must have found it absurd. Today I received an email from Walmart thanking me for my $7 tip on a $69 order. (That order is being delivered in fragments, one item at a time - so no individual driver is delivering $69 of product.) I did not authorize such a tip. It is fraud. I did online chat with a Walmart rep and got it reversed but hate to think I will go thru this for every delivery.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've used the Walmart + benefit twice. I really dislike the tip request. I don't tip Amazon drivers. Why would I tip Walmart drivers? I don't get it.
That's a good point. Walmart clearly piggybacks on established driver networks. It's slightly ironic to see a driver deliver your Walmart order in a Amazon Prime van.

How do you feel about tipping food delivery drivers from Uber Eats, Postmates, etc?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
How do you feel about tipping food delivery drivers from Uber Eats, Postmates, etc?
We almost always pick up food orders. Should they be delivered, we tip. That's the expectation for that service.

We order cleaning products and office supplies from Staples. There is no expectation of tipping.

Walmart is charging $13/month to provide cost free delivery. They are highly inefficient in how they do their deliveries. I ordered six items that were delivered on 5 different days. I then placed a separate 3 piece order. It was the same. We had two items delivered 30 minutes apart. We are offered the ability to choose a time window - which is then used for only the item that is delivered that day. It's immaterial to me when they deliver an item on that day. We are not ordering groceries that need to be carried in as soon as received. They should figure out a way to simply offer a day without a time slot so that they can work out delivery efficiencies. It's not our responsibility to figure out how Walmart can deliver. Hire someone from Amazon logistics. And we should not be charged a tip that we did not authorize.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:46 pm

Walmart also doesn't offer a choice for the method of delivery. I rarely use Walmart+, but I needed some Zinc vitamins and didn't have anything else I wanted to order. I placed an order for 200 50 mg pills and it was $3.99 + tax. I submitted the order and figured they would ship it from their distribution center. Instead, they decided to deliver it from a local store.

I was at work, so I didn't actually see if it was someone from Doordash or Walmart. I just buzzed him in when he rang the building's intercom. I felt bad for him, but assume they must have some method for group deliveries and that I wasn't his only stop. At the same time, I really wouldn't have wanted to tip $2 or $3 on vitamins that I didn't need right away anyway.

Walmart is trying to compete with Amazon Prime and vice versa. Many of my Amazon Prime orders are under $10 and I've never tipped. Food delivery services are different....and I always tip at least 15-20% or more.
SanDiego1K likes this.

Last edited by diesteldorf; Jan 3, 2022 at 8:42 pm
Old Jan 3, 2022, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We almost always pick up food orders. Should they be delivered, we tip. That's the expectation for that service.
Same here. I find that picking up food doesn't add delivery costs, or fees, so it's the same as ordering from the restaurant. I do tip when I order delivery, but after tip and fees and delivery, it often doubles the cost of what I just ordered.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 5:59 pm

We received this card today stating it is for recipient with active Walmart membership only. However, the address is to my husband or current resident. So........ it's worth a try.

$15 off $50+ order using code SHIP45 for 3 orders in January.
Statman and cfischer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.