Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Co-branded credit card dining and phone credits not posting, September 2021.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2021, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Used 2 regular monthly offers the past 3 days - the $15 wireless on BonVoy business card, and $5 dining on Hilton card.

Unlike in the past getting congrat emails right away as well as showed up in Savings (though not post until several days later), these 2 times nothing happens - no congrat email and the saving tab does not show offer used.

I think at the beginning of the year like Feb when these regular monthly offers just show up, there are long delays on the Savings to show up. then this type of offers work like a clockwork until this month.

Just read a few pages back and found some posts on the same topic.

The offers are still in the Added tab though, unlike others mentioned upthread their offers disappear. Ours remain in the Added tab but just no more Congrats nor new entries in the Saving tab.

Anybody has seen similar situation?

Last edited by Happy; Sep 9, 2021 at 2:28 pm
Old Sep 9, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by Happy
Used 2 regular monthly offers the past 3 days - the $15 wireless on BonVoy business card, and $5 dining on Hilton card.

Unlike in the past getting congrat emails right away as well as showed up in Savings (though not post until several days later), these 2 times nothing happens - no congrat email and the saving tab does not show offer used.

I think at the beginning of the year like Feb when these regular monthly offers just show up, there are long delays on the Savings to show up. then this type of offers work like a clockwork until this month.

Just read a few pages back and found some posts on the same topic.

The offers are still in the Added tab though, unlike others mentioned upthread their offers disappear. Ours remain in the Added tab but just no more Congrats nor new entries in the Saving tab.

Yes. Between spouse and myself, we have 1 Aspire, 1 no fee Hilton (downgraded from Aspire in June), 1 Bonvoy (downgraded from Brilliant in July), 1 no-fee Delta Gold card, 1 Bonvoy biz and 1 Delta Reserve (which has both $20 and $15 wireless offer attached). The no fee HIlton card is the only one where the offer has vanished from the “Added tab” (in the past week or 2, it would be there and then vanish… right now, it does not show up). So far, no emails for any of them and nothing showing up in the “Savings tab”. All the transactions were done in the first 4 days of September. This is the first month since early in the year that there seems to be this glitch again. Now, I did fulfill another offer today (Use Applepay 3x and get $10 back) and I got the email within a few minutes of incurring the transaction. I’m sure the issue will get resolved as it did earlier in the year.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
Yes. Between spouse and myself, we have 1 Aspire, 1 no fee Hilton (downgraded from Aspire in June), 1 Bonvoy (downgraded from Brilliant in July), 1 no-fee Delta Gold card, 1 Bonvoy biz and 1 Delta Reserve (which has both $20 and $15 wireless offer attached). The no fee HIlton card is the only one where the offer has vanished from the “Added tab” (in the past week or 2, it would be there and then vanish… right now, it does not show up). So far, no emails for any of them and nothing showing up in the “Savings tab”. All the transactions were done in the first 4 days of September. This is the first month since early in the year that there seems to be this glitch again. Now, I did fulfill another offer today (Use Applepay 3x and get $10 back) and I got the email within a few minutes of incurring the transaction. I’m sure the issue will get resolved as it did earlier in the year.

so you have not received any positive indication on any of the offer transactions done on various cards?

Our transactions were done on Sept 7 and 8, after the Labor Day holiday.

I just noticed the offer vanished under the no fee Hilton HHonor card. It was still there yesterday. Nothing shows up under Savings tab either. While the BonVoy business card's wireless offer still shows in the Added tab, nothing happens in the Savings tab.

Hope those who have done their offers the first few days of Sept would see their credits soon. Please post back.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 2:18 pm

so you have not received any positive indication on any of the offer transactions done on various cards?

Our transactions were done on Sept 7 and 8, after the Labor Day holiday.

I just noticed the offer vanished under the no fee Hilton HHonor card. It was still there yesterday. Nothing shows up under Savings tab either. While the BonVoy business card's wireless offer still shows in the Added tab, nothing happens in the Savings tab.

Hope those who have done their offers the first few days of Sept would see their credits soon. Please post back.
Same issue. I noticed the offers disappeared from my card but didn't think too much of it. I made my normal transactions but noticed I did not receive the usual e-mail that I've used my offer. I checked my card and the offers reappeared. It's been about 6 days with no credit so something is messed up. I am assuming it will get resolved here in the next few days as I am seeing multiple reports of this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by asdfmkay
Same issue. I noticed the offers disappeared from my card but didn't think too much of it. I made my normal transactions but noticed I did not receive the usual e-mail that I've used my offer. I checked my card and the offers reappeared. It's been about 6 days with no credit so something is messed up. I am assuming it will get resolved here in the next few days as I am seeing multiple reports of this.
Same thing happened to me a few times and it still posted 2 weeks later, which is actually the normal time of how it used to be with lots of Amex credits.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Mrs. Lee and I both just used the Bonvoy international offer ($100 off $500). Mine on the vanilla Plat and hers on her gold AU off the same account. Stayed at a participating property, split the bill at checkout, emails two days later, credit two days after that. Easy.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
Mrs. Lee and I both just used the Bonvoy international offer ($100 off $500). Mine on the vanilla Plat and hers on her gold AU off the same account. Stayed at a participating property, split the bill at checkout, emails two days later, credit two days after that. Easy.
Please define "just used". The processing delay has only been since the very end of August.

Last edited by MisterBill; Sep 12, 2021 at 2:54 pm
Old Sep 12, 2021, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
love that the “international” is only US, Mexico, Caribbean and Canada…

not too international.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 4:22 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
Phew! Glad we're not the only ones who are experiencing this. Almost everything is the same - timeline (first 4 days in September), vanishing act from the "Added" tab, credits not posting for these offers, and credits posting for other offers. The only difference is that we've gotten the emails after each transaction. Weird, but hopefully, they'll sort it out soon.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by MisterBill
Please define "just used". The processing delay has only been since the very end of August.
We checked out on September 5.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Tennen
Phew! Glad we're not the only ones who are experiencing this. Almost everything is the same - timeline (first 4 days in September), vanishing act from the "Added" tab, credits not posting for these offers, and credits posting for other offers. The only difference is that we've gotten the emails after each transaction. Weird, but hopefully, they'll sort it out soon.
Just checked and my Hilton dining offer also disappeared from the Added to Card list.

I do have a couple of credits from a Verizon FiOS payment showing up under the Savings tab, but they have not been credited yet.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Finally had a Dining credit process. Incurred Sept 9th, credit posted Sept 12th.

Still no credit for dining charges from Sept 5 and 6th.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Segments
Finally had a Dining credit process. Incurred Sept 9th, credit posted Sept 12th.

Still no credit for dining charges from Sept 5 and 6th.
Which dining credit? Had an Amex Gold normal $10 monthly credit post fine for me.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by asdfmkay
Which dining credit? Had an Amex Gold normal $10 monthly credit post fine for me.
I don't think anyone has had trouble with the Gold credits. It's the co-brands that have been lagging. Mine still haven't posted from earlier this month. Almost tempted to just sink another $10 in to get it over with even if they would have posted eventually.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 12:45 pm

Ok that's what I thought. Yeah I have credits not posted since 09/03. What do you mean sink another $10 into it to get it over with?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.