Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express Lounge Bogotá

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2021, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
American Express Lounge Bogotá

Probably the smallest American Express Lounge in the network. Really convenient to gates but definitely better options if you have access at BOG.

imnotalawyer, ewoo and MoonJ like this.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 11:37 am

Appreciate your videos.

I think you're right that the Priority Pass lounges here (Copa Club, El Dorado Lounge, and Sala VIP LATAM) all offer better alternatives, but I suppose this one still falls under the category of "better to have the option than not". Browsing through the PP page I noticed that the El Dorado Lounge actually received one of the 2018 Lounge of the Year Awards (awarded by PP itself) for whatever that is worth.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 3:50 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
I don't know what tasty treats are under those glass covers, but I want one of each of them.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DMSFCA
I don't know what tasty treats are under those glass covers, but I want one of each of them.
well one of each will fill your small table up 😆.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
Appreciate your videos.

I think you're right that the Priority Pass lounges here (Copa Club, El Dorado Lounge, and Sala VIP LATAM) all offer better alternatives, but I suppose this one still falls under the category of "better to have the option than not". Browsing through the PP page I noticed that the El Dorado Lounge actually received one of the 2018 Lounge of the Year Awards (awarded by PP itself) for whatever that is worth.
Thank you. I think I will try the Avianca lounge next month as I will be back through there heading back to EZE. May have to give the El Dorado lounge a shot also.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:46 pm
Suspended

El Dorado lounge is indeed a good choice. I was there a couple years ago. The food was average, but I was impressed with the decoration and the furnishings. The gold toned art works on display were beautiful. It was like a museum.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I visited this lounge in July. Definitely the smallest lounge I have ever visited. But better than the terminal.

I was transferring off TK to Latam. Although my TK ticket was J and my Latam ticket was W and I am Star Gold I couldn't get in any other lounge.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cargueiro
I visited this lounge in July. Definitely the smallest lounge I have ever visited. But better than the terminal.

I was transferring off TK to Latam. Although my TK ticket was J and my Latam ticket was W and I am Star Gold I couldn't get in any other lounge.
Should have been able to get into El Dorado or Copa Club I believe with Priority Pass. I think your connection from TK would have had to been on another Star Alliance airlines to access the Avianca lounge.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Should have been able to get into El Dorado or Copa Club I believe with Priority Pass. I think your connection from TK would have had to been on another Star Alliance airlines to access the Avianca lounge.
Copa Club is currently closed "due to covid" per the PP website, as is the LatAm lounge, though I didn't care enough to verify it myself. I was in Bogota a couple weeks ago and walked past that Amex thing but just went to El Dorado, which for a PP lounge is pretty decent, admittedly not a high bar. I liked the actual separate bar room.
Brandinho1 and dtwlarry like this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 5:41 pm

The AMEX Global Lounge collection website says there's also an American Express lounge in the Domestic part of T1, can anyone confirm this? Because I take it you cannot move in between the domestic and international part of the terminal.
The only other lounge option was going to be Avianca Lounge but it closes at 9.30 P.M. and my flight is at midnight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.