Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX offering 12 transfer bonuses for September?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2021, 11:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
DL SkyMiles earned from bank card use
vs
Amex MR earned from bank card use

Consumer choice even within the Amex card world.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by mendacio
Seems like aeroplan is the safest bet, no? My rationale was bc unless you're booking right away, given that they recently changed their redemption chart, its probably less likely for them to make new changes so soon, no?

I guess for immediate redemption I feel like virgin->ANA makes the most sense. What are you guys planning to book via iberia/flying blue?
also, i DO realize that aeroplan doesn't have the most lucrative redemption chart though. haha.
ive been planning on this redemption for a J or F trip with my youngest. I’ve never done this particular transfer, or used Virgin to ANA. How is availability? We don’t have a particular date set. Perhaps next summer (2022)
Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:38 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Pookynubbers
i.... I’ve never done this particular transfer, or used Virgin to ANA.)
Read here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virg...ub-points.html
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
So are a lot of you speculatively transferring to Avios (or another partner) under this promotion, or just holding onto your MR points?

If I transfer to Avios with the 40% bonus and then they devalue the program or I can't use the points right away and wish I still had them to transfer to another program, I'll feel like a chump.

If I don't transfer to Avios and a few months from now I want to book a Oneworld flight with Avios and have to transfer the points over with no bonus, I'll feel like a chump.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 5:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Can anyone verify if this offer is available in Spain or France?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:26 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Each country has it's own version of Membership Rewards with different earnings ratios, redemption options, transfer partners and promotions. Membership Rewards USA explains: "Eligible Cards must be issued by American Express or one of its affiliates in the U.S. and be billed in U.S. dollars." If a similar offer is available in another market it would be published on the local Membership Rewards site.

France: https://www.americanexpress.com/fr-f...MR-fr_3_Travel

Spain: https://www.americanexpress.com/es-e...ucttype=Travel
ubiest likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:58 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by JaysonW
Thanks! I did just that and the CSR has opened a case for the Membership Rewards Team to look into. I’m supposed to call back/open a chat after 10 days if I haven’t seen the bonus points post to my BA account.
Any update on this? I just had to do the same thing for my FB transfer. Oddly enough, my BA transfer earlier this week posted with the full bonus immediately like it always has.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 3:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Friendly reminder that September transfer bonuses end today!

-FlyerBeek
jphripjah and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Friendly reminder that September transfer bonuses end today!

-FlyerBeek
Thanks. I'm curious what other people did here. I speculatively transferred away about half my 150k MR points, with most of it going to top up my BA Avios and a smaller chunk going to Air France FlyingBlue. Do many people transfer speculatively or do you prefer to keep the flexibility of being able to transfer anywhere later even for no bonus?
Old Sep 30, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I did a speculative FB transfer. SkyTeam is the most useful alliance out of my home airport and FB points seem to be a better value than Delta miles.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 2:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Same. Did a speculative transfer to BA using the 40% bonus. At least I know I should be able to get decent value out of the points on domestic JL awards at effectively 4,500 MR points per most domestic sgements.

-FlyerBeek
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 3:39 am

Programs: KL Plat, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold – ex-UA 1k, ex-AA Plat, ex-QF Gold, ex IHG P
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Thanks. I'm curious what other people did here. I speculatively transferred away about half my 150k MR points, with most of it going to top up my BA Avios and a smaller chunk going to Air France FlyingBlue. Do many people transfer speculatively or do you prefer to keep the flexibility of being able to transfer anywhere later even for no bonus?
Transferred 100k MR, half to FB half to QF.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
I did a speculative FB transfer. SkyTeam is the most useful alliance out of my home airport and FB points seem to be a better value than Delta miles.
Interesting. Is that true for Delta domestic also?
MaxVO likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.