Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum (USA, Personal only) Digital Entertainment Credit (October 2023, 7 services)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you use your Platinum Card® for eligible purchases on:
  • Audible, Removed 10/1/2023
  • Disney+,The Disney Bundle,
  • ESPN+,
  • Hulu,
  • Peacock,
  • SiriusXM, Leaving 5.8.2024
  • The New York Times
  • The Wall Street Journal
when you purchase directly from one or more of the providers

Note that the New York Times bills every 4 weeks, not monthly. This means that there are 13 NYT charges per calendar year.

Print Wikipost

Platinum (USA, Personal only) Digital Entertainment Credit (October 2023, 7 services)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2022, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by notadoctor97
Hulu/Disney/ESPN bundle without ads ends up being $22, it's perfect and I get the full value out of it.
One minor consideration for valuing the credit is if you are holding all of these services year-round, you can sign up for ESPN+ annual for $59.99 ($5/mo), Disney+ annual for $69.99 ($5.83/mo), then when you add Hulu no-ads with the Disney bundle you get a credit for the monthly price of those services and only get billed the difference of $5.01/mo. (effectively $15.84/mo)

The key is you have to sign up for ESPN+ and Disney+ annual plans first before adding the bundle setup through Hulu.

The difference is ultimately only 4 bucks and change every month, so I suspect this probably only matters if you were already using another service (or two) covered by the credit and are debating how to most effectively shuffle your billing to get the most value out of the entertainment credit.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:33 am

@SpaethCop
how can you signup for annual plans and get billed monthly ?

Last edited by nani9684; May 20, 2022 at 11:34 am Reason: not properly entered the mentioning name
Old May 20, 2022, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by nani9684
how can you signup for annual plans and get billed monthly ?
You would pay once per year for Disney+ and ESPN+, and then you would pay monthly for just the heavily discounted Hulu part of the bundle.
Old May 20, 2022, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Anyone else noticing a long delay in their credit.

My sirius charge posted on 5/5 for $6.53 and my Hulu on 5/8 for $14.

I received my Hulu credit yesterday for $14 but still don't have the remaining $6 for sirius even though the charge posted 3 days before Hulu
Old May 20, 2022, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh

I received my Hulu credit yesterday for $14 but still don't have the remaining $6 for sirius even though the charge posted 3 days before Hulu
I’ve had long delays for most of this year. Some post quickly. Others take weeks. And often out of order like yours.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC

yes, I’m still waiting for the credits of my Disney+ charge posted on 5/8 and my GE $100 application fee on 5/10
Old May 24, 2022, 3:08 pm

Programs: SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by sdnativeboy
I’ve had long delays for most of this year. Some post quickly. Others take weeks. And often out of order like yours.
My last Audible Credit was April 5th, but my monthly renew was charged on May 1st with no credit yet. I just chatted online with AMEX and the agent said that they are running slow (no reason given) and the "standard" is credits will post within 8 weeks. Yikes.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aeropix
My last Audible Credit was April 5th, but my monthly renew was charged on May 1st with no credit yet. I just chatted online with AMEX and the agent said that they are running slow (no reason given) and the "standard" is credits will post within 8 weeks. Yikes.
Smart move. So some people will be nervous about canceling cards if they have credits hanging out.
Old May 29, 2022, 1:01 pm

May 20th Hulu charge and still not credit
Old May 29, 2022, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Still waiting on my sirius credit from early may but my Hulu credit posted already and that charge posted after my sirius charge
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
so switched some things around. Let my NY Times cooking sub expire, then upgraded my basic regular subscription to an all access. Cost went from $17/4 weeks + $49/year (cooking) to $6/weeks on the promo they have and have access to everything. Though that goes up to $25/4 weeks after a year.

then I realized that Hulu works, so updated that to be paid with my Amex. i realize I’ll be receiving ‘less’ credits this year, but now have two items covered in full that I already have vs. The NY Times which was only partially covered before. I know I’ll go back to partially covered next year, but definitely works well for now.

Still waiting on my sirius credit from early may but my Hulu credit posted already and that charge posted after my sirius charge
yeah, credits are weird currently. My Walmart+ took two weeks+ to credit from a charge in mid-May, but NY Times just credited the same day at ~normal time, maybe 2-3 days after the charge.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 8:43 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SpaethCo
\The key is you have to sign up for ESPN+ and Disney+ annual plans first before adding the bundle setup through Hulu.

The difference is ultimately only 4 bucks and change every month, so I suspect this probably only matters if you were already using another service (or two) covered by the credit and are debating how to most effectively shuffle your billing to get the most value out of the entertainment credit.
How exactly do you link your existing accounts to get the credit? Is it during the add-on process?

I paid for a year of Disney+ thru the Apple App Store last year when they had the deal for half off. There's about 6 months left. Hulu's help site seems to suggest the only way to get credit in this situation is to add Hulu to my existing Disney+ account but obviously I don't want to do that.

All else being equal, I'll just bill Hulu to the Platinum and use the rest of the credit for something else for the next 6 months. Maybe NYT.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
How exactly do you link your existing accounts to get the credit? Is it during the add-on process?
When you initiate signing up for the bundle through your Hulu account, the accounts will link as long as the email address matches between your Hulu account and Disney account.

Last edited by SpaethCo; Jun 6, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Disney+ charge on 5/8 still no credit. USCBP (GE application) charge on 5/10 still waiting... Called Amex twice and they all said it took up to 8 weeks to process the credits even tho I told them it's unusual bc I always got the credits back within 2 weeks in the past year.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 12:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Still waiting on one of two May credits from Peacock and the credit for NYTimes. Ugh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.