Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum (USA, Personal only) Digital Entertainment Credit (October 2023, 7 services)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you use your Platinum Card® for eligible purchases on:
  • Audible, Removed 10/1/2023
  • Disney+,The Disney Bundle,
  • ESPN+,
  • Hulu,
  • Peacock,
  • SiriusXM, Leaving 5.8.2024
  • The New York Times
  • The Wall Street Journal
when you purchase directly from one or more of the providers

Note that the New York Times bills every 4 weeks, not monthly. This means that there are 13 NYT charges per calendar year.

Print Wikipost

Platinum (USA, Personal only) Digital Entertainment Credit (October 2023, 7 services)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2021, 7:45 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by lsquare
I don't even know why this is even debated on FT.
Everything almost, is open to debate on FT, just depends on the forum it is in.
Originally Posted by lsquare
I felt like someone was insulting me when he said this isn't the right card for me because I want to use up all of the credits and not leave money on the table. Like as if it's anyone's business here. These are really annoying people. If they want to leave money on the table, that's fine. It's not my money, but don't tell me how to spend or use my money.
Don't get butt hurt on here, it is an open forum. If you put it out there, be prepared for responses and some people are just rude keyboard warriors. If you don't want it analyzed, don't type it in public. There are far too many good people on here that try to help, to worry about the few trolls. YMMV IMHO
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 7:47 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Then they stay there. And to be honest, this, the Equinox credit, and GE/Precheck are the only ones I don't use to their full extent. I just don't see it being worth the effort to use up credits on things that somebody may neither want or have a use for (GE I cannot use and Amex won't reimburse NEXUS) simply because they don't have to pay for it. I mean sure I could pay for a subscription I won't read or an audiobook I won't listen to, but honestly, who cares? It's not as if not using them is costing me more money. That's all I'll say about that.
I wonder if all the usage of crap benefits for the MR points, will make them think, "They are using it, so we should keep it." Or will non-usage result in them rethinking their strategy and have them add something worthwhile?
Old Oct 2, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Does anyone know if that credit works on NYT Cooking as well?
Old Oct 2, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Gasolin
It worked for the game subscription.
kt729 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 3:53 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Well for those MR, I should go ahead and purchase a useless membership to Equinox, even though I will never set eyes on one, must less a foot in one.
I don't think Equinox is completely free with zero out of pocket cost after reimbursement. Like I mentioned in my post, some credits may not be worth the hassle to some even it's completely free. It's definitely YMMV.

LAX
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:00 am

Programs: UA, Chase, AMEX, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Gasolin
Yes it should:

The New York Times: Eligible purchases for the New York Times include any subscriptions (including digital or print news, NYT Cooking, and New York Times Games) made directly through www.nytimes.com. Eligible purchases do not include advertising services, NYT conferences, gift cards, the TimesDigest or purchases from the NYTimes company store.

Source: Benefit Terms - American Express Platinum
Old Oct 20, 2021, 9:02 pm

so I have the first month free from audible.com so can I buy a audio book for say $15 and would that count for reimbursement? or does it have to be a subscription fee?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
so I have the first month free from audible.com so can I buy a audio book for say $15 and would that count for reimbursement? or does it have to be a subscription fee?
Book purchases will also be reimbursed. I had one reimbursed 1-2 months ago. Good Luck.
Points Scrounger and MNSWEEps like this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Anyone get any reimbursements for August? September it appeared in a day. It's been two weeks so far.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Anyone get any reimbursements for August? September it appeared in a day. It's been two weeks so far.
August or October?

On one of my Plat accounts (consumer), the Peacock credit posted the same day.

On my other Plat account (Morgan Stanley co-branded), I still have not seen a reimbursement for an Oct 3 SiriusXM purchase. Previously it posted within a couple days. Oct 20 NY Times credit posted the same day as purchase. The benefit tracking meter accounts for both charges, but only the NY Times one has been credited. SiriusXM has worked fine in previous months.

Last edited by chriseng; Oct 22, 2021 at 12:10 pm Reason: add info about NYT credit
Old Oct 21, 2021, 4:12 pm

October. My brain is over-Zoomed.
mia likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:34 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Still have used zippo of this credit. I have enough to read and watch otherwise.

Any suggestions on a good way to donate these credits to organizations or persons in need instead of wasting the credits on ourselves or letting them expire?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:23 pm

To update - credit just posted for Augtober.
synergistic likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 11:36 am

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
To update - credit just posted for Augtober.
Same!
Old Oct 27, 2021, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Book purchases will also be reimbursed. I had one reimbursed 1-2 months ago. Good Luck.
Thanks. I just pre-ordered a book on audible for $21.99 . Lets see if I get the $20 reimbursement. How long does it take for credit? Book is out on Nov 9.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.