Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Related discussion here: Report clawbacks of the FHR/THC $200 credit.

Terms and FAQ

Which charges are eligible?
  • Reservation must be pre-paid to be reimbursed.
  • Pre-paids with a flexible cancellation policy are still eligible.
  • Hotel rates under $200 are also reimbursed.
  • If using Pay With Points, the cash portion of your charge is still eligible.
  • Charges made at the hotel are not billed by Amex Travel and are not eligible.
  • When checking in, the terms require payment with an Amex which need not be a platinum Amex.
  • Browse Hotels here
When:​​​​​​
  • Benefit renews every January 1st.
  • The $200 credit is based on the year you made the booking, not the year of the stay. You can use it this year to book a room for next year.
  • Amex in general handles offers by the transaction date, not post date. For example, a 12/31/22 transaction date is eligible for 2022 credits even if posted in 2023.
Changes and Cancellations:
  • If you cancel a reservation, the $200 credit is reversed. The credit will be available to use again if you cancelled in the same year you paid.
  • In general you can't modify reservation dates and need to cancel and rebook to change dates.
  • "If you need to change your hotel booking, you must either cancel and rebook your reservation or call us for assistance."
  • If you use the benefit for a future stay and cancel that Amex platinum card prior to your stay, Amex is not known to claw back the $200. You will still need to check-in with some other Amex.
Other:
  • The $200 credit sometimes posts in a few days, but sometimes 3 weeks or longer.
  • To know your remaining $200 balance, ask Amex. There's no meter on the website. There is now a meter on the website which shows your usage against $200
  • If your platinum account has additional cardholders with a gold card, charges on the gold card are eligible. Not clear if they enforce the requirement that the platinum cardholder must be on the reservation.
  • Terms of the FH&R $100 credit.
  • Separate thread regarding elite benefits on stays.
Print Wikipost

Amex $200 Hotel Credit (FHR or THC)

Old Mar 5, 2022, 2:11 pm

For FHR booking, where do I enter the WOH #?

For FHR booking, where do I enter the WOH #? Or I need to contact the hotel directly to have the information put in? Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Illinwu
For FHR booking, where do I enter the WOH #? Or I need to contact the hotel directly to have the information put in? Thanks!
I called the Hyatt Globalist line to have them add it. The text box on the Amex site was not big enough to hold my number or wouldn't accept letters (vs numbers), can't remember which it was, But Globalist line added it no problem, and everything posted fine.

Regards
Old Mar 5, 2022, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
I called the Hyatt Globalist line to have them add it. The text box on the Amex site was not big enough to hold my number or wouldn't accept letters (vs numbers), can't remember which it was, But Globalist line added it no problem, and everything posted fine.

Regards
Thank you!
Old Mar 5, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Illinwu
I've added it directly online when making the reservation for both Hyatt and Hilton reservations, as there's a field that allows you to enter member number. The reservation subsequently showed in my Hyatt and Hilton accounts respectively.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
I've added it directly online when making the reservation for both Hyatt and Hilton reservations, as there's a field that allows you to enter member number. The reservation subsequently showed in my Hyatt and Hilton accounts respectively.
Thank you! I found it!
MarkP24 likes this.

Last edited by Illinwu; Mar 6, 2022 at 11:51 am
Old Mar 11, 2022, 7:22 am

Credit reversed when booking was cancelled; re-credited when a new booking was made

DP - $200 credit was reversed when the the reservation was cancelled. After cancellation, I booked a FHR reservation (made on 3/6) the pending charge appeared immediately; the $200 credit appeared on 3/11 (dated 3/9). Put in the WOH #, it shows up (within 5 minutes) in the stays with other reservations made directly with Hyatt.

Last edited by Illinwu; Mar 11, 2022 at 9:50 am
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
If you book a "Hotel Collection" hotel for 6 nights, can you book 3 reservations of two nights each and received the Amex $200 Hotel Credit for the first two nights, and $100 on-site credit for each two night reservations?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
If you book a "Hotel Collection" hotel for 6 nights, can you book 3 reservations of two nights each and received the Amex $200 Hotel Credit for the first two nights, and $100 on-site credit for each two night reservations?
Well, I can answer my own question since I just read the terms. The terms state the following: "...back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property are considered one stay." So, the answer is No Additional Credits allowed.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 1:55 pm

I recently used the 3x $200 credits to stay 6 nights at a THC property (Canopy by Hilton Zagreb). The hotel gave me 3x $100 Dining Vouchers. Btw, it was a recently built and very attractive hotel. I'd love to visit there again during a warmer season.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Well, I can answer my own question since I just read the terms. The terms state the following: "...back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property are considered one stay." So, the answer is No Additional Credits allowed.
this is how it generally works with the property credits for FHR and HC

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I recently used the 3x $200 credits to stay 6 nights at a THC property (Canopy by Hilton Zagreb). The hotel gave me 3x $100 Dining Vouchers. Btw, it was a recently built and very attractive hotel. I'd love to visit there again during a warmer season.
you mention 3x $200 credits - did you use three different Amex platinum cards?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Adelphos
...did you use three different Amex platinum cards?
Yes. The reception desk was not at all surprised about 3 reservations for 2 days each, and seemed very enthusiastic about the THC + AmEx deal.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Yes. The reception desk was not at all surprised about 3 reservations for 2 days each, and seemed very enthusiastic about the THC + AmEx deal.
Unfortunately, I only have one platinum card. So, one 2 night visit is what I've booked.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Has the posting of the $200 slowed this year? Last year I felt like the money came back lickety-split, like in a day or two. Now I'm going on more than 2 weeks and annoyed that the statement may close on me.

(Same slowness, for me at least, with Amex Offers, if that is of any relevance.)
Old Mar 31, 2022, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Has the posting of the $200 slowed this year? Last year I felt like the money came back lickety-split, like in a day or two. Now I'm going on more than 2 weeks and annoyed that the statement may close on me.

(Same slowness, for me at least, with Amex Offers, if that is of any relevance.)
My hotel booking transaction posted on March 24th. No credit received yet, and my statement closed already.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:54 pm

Booked Hotel on March 24th, and $200 credit posted April 7th. Exactly 2 weeks.
MaxVO likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.