Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA personal Platinum annual fee increase to $695, July 2021.

Old Jul 1, 2021, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Global Adventurer
*Equinox $25 Credit will not be issued for ANY products you buy online at their merchandise Shop which is coded as "Equinox The Shop". However, it appears that you can purchase Gift Cards straight off the site, but lowest denomination is $100. Gift cards can be used for merchandise and memberships.
Print Wikipost

USA personal Platinum annual fee increase to $695, July 2021.

Old Jul 13, 2021, 9:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Since there are a lot of non-Platinum Amex cards in the US getting a CLEAR offer under Amex offers, why not take it as yet another sign that this CLEAR thing with the Amex Platinum card is really not costing Amex much if anything and is a marketing gimmick with CLEAR?
I have the Amex Offer on my Hilton Card. My Green card automatically comes with CLEAR and now I have the added benefit on my Platinum Card. I sure wish there was a way to use all these credits some other way.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Anyone who doesn't have a Sirius Subscription could get a a discounted one for 3 months. $15 for 3 months, use your Platinum Card to get the credit and get a free Echo Dot on top of it. Then cancel if you like.

https://care.siriusxm.com/sirpromopl...DOTPRERTP3MO15

Saw that on a DoC yesterday. Unfortunately my house is already bugged with Google technology, so I dont think I need this
Old Jul 13, 2021, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I have the Amex Offer on my Hilton Card. My Green card automatically comes with CLEAR and now I have the added benefit on my Platinum Card. I sure wish there was a way to use all these credits some other way.
Can you gift it to friends and family?
Old Jul 13, 2021, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Can you gift it to friends and family?
Believe it or not, not one person in my family travels.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 1:07 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....not one person in my family travels.
That's why friends were invented.
lsquare and gooselee like this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by mia
That's why friends were invented.
The people I know are too scared to travel. They call me crazy. There's just people like that unfortunately.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 2:21 pm

Clear reimbursement for family membership

Has anyone gotten a family plan with CLEAR reimbursed?

If you are a UA member without status, you can get CLEAR for 119. Adding up to 3 family members costs an additional 60. Since the platinum card reimburses 179, I figure you can actually get the entire family membership reimbursed. It will be two separate transactions hitting the Amex card though. I have UA status so I'm currently paying 109 for CLEAR and thinking of adding my parents to my account.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by randomasian
Has anyone gotten a family plan with CLEAR reimbursed?

If you are a UA member without status, you can get CLEAR for 119. Adding up to 3 family members costs an additional 60. Since the platinum card reimburses 179, I figure you can actually get the entire family membership reimbursed. It will be two separate transactions hitting the Amex card though. I have UA status so I'm currently paying 109 for CLEAR and thinking of adding my parents to my account.
Yes, I did get reimbursed. For now, I just got it for myself and my wife. Paid $169, which showed up on Amex as $109 and $60. 2 days later, both credits posted to my accounts as $109 and $60.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 7:11 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
We have kind of an Equinox data point soon - I linked my account a couple of weeks ago, and went to the gym and charged water (2 bucks and change). We will see if it reimburses me for that before my membership charges in a couple of weeks

On another note, I upgraded my membership to the destination tier and I think I have a new prework routine on Fridays - gym spin class at 7, 10 minutes of swimming at 8, work by 8:45 or 9
Old Jul 13, 2021, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Adelphos
On another note, I upgraded my membership to the “destination” tier and I think I have a new prework routine on Fridays - gym spin class at 7, 10 minutes of swimming at 8, work by 8:45 or 9
Printing House or Hudson Yards? HY has an outdoor pool, right? Or both in/out? There was like one time I really wanted to go to Printing House during a heat wave a couple summers ago, but I didn't think it was worth the upcharge, especially since I was rarely in lower Manhattan to use it.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 9:24 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Printing House or Hudson Yards? HY has an outdoor pool, right? Or both in/out? There was like one time I really wanted to go to Printing House during a heat wave a couple summers ago, but I didn't think it was worth the upcharge, especially since I was rarely in lower Manhattan to use it.
Not sure if it's part of the gym but the Hudson Yard Equinox hotel has an outdoor pool. Pretty ridiculous for Manhattan imo.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
A nice perk they could add is some day passes to Equinox for people that don't have one in their home town so they can use the gym while travelling
Statman, lsquare and Adelphos like this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 5:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Maybe sell the membership at a discount on eBay or via some other secondary market means?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 6:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

My no annual fee AmEx blue card just got a $120 Equinox yearly credit benefit. ( $20 a month) Did Amex buy Equinox?
Adelphos likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by david55
My no annual fee AmEx blue card just got a $120 Equinox yearly credit benefit. ( $20 a month) Did Amex buy Equinox?
These businesses are trying to recover post Covid and Amex must have been able to get some great deals from them
lsquare, Gasolin and jtc246 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.