Potential Amex Credits Double Dipping (YMMV)

Old May 12, 2021, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Potential Amex Credits Double Dipping (YMMV)

Wanted to share my experience with an Amex Travel booking I made recently as a DP for the community.

I recently added the FHR offer on my Plat ($150 off $800 spend). I made a booking on Amex Travel at an FHR hotel. The total came to about $1000 and I used MR points for the majority, leaving about $201 on my Plat. Since I still had the $200 Plat Amex Travel credit from last year.

On my bill, I was charged the $1000 for the hotel and was credited for my MR points portion (which is normal process), leaving about $201 on my bill- which then the $200 Plat credit covered. What I didn’t expect was that the transaction also triggered the FHR Offer and took another $150 off my bill. Thinking back on how this happened, it all made sense, but just wasn’t something I had expected. I basically paid nothing out of pocket and got another $150 for the trip.

Not sure if this is something out of ordinary, but wanted to share the DP for the group.
jtc246 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.