Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Centurion USA application declined with Canadian SSN/SIN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2021, 12:03 am
Original Poster

I transfered to Amex US 10+ years ago through the global transfer program. I was recently invited to the Centurion program. During signup I provided my Canadian SSN as I don't have a US SSN but was declined as they couldn't pull up my credit. Any way around this? Thank you very much!
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 5:01 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Do you have any other USA -issued cards, loans, mortgages, etc? If not, there may not be a USA credit history. If yes, how did you open them without a USA SSN?
Old Mar 16, 2021, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Do you have any other USA -issued cards, loans, mortgages, etc? If not, there may not be a USA credit history. If yes, how did you open them without a USA SSN?
Unfortunately no other usa issued credit cards, loans, mortgagtes, etc besides 8 amex US credit cards
Old Mar 16, 2021, 10:20 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyer7624
I transfered to Amex US 10+ years ago through the global transfer program. I was recently invited to the Centurion program. During signup I provided my Canadian SSN as I don't have a US SSN but was declined as they couldn't pull up my credit. Any way around this? Thank you very much!
Canada does not issue SSNs, they issue SINs which are entirely different and should not be put into any field requesting an SSN for the purposes of a credit application.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Any way around this?
Ask whoever you are dealing with to pass it onto someone who uses logic, who can see your 10+ years with them, to sort it for you
Old Mar 16, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
I transfered to Amex US 10+ years ago through the global transfer program.
Have you ever filed a US tax return? If so, then you'll have an ITIN in lieu of a SSN. It's the same format number from the same numberspace, so I'd use that. A quick check in Google says that Amex will accept it. Whether that will link to a credit report or not is another matter, and whether the results of that will affect a Centurion application is yet another matter. But completing the application with an ITIN may at least get you past the point of "the application can't be processed without this number."
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.