Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express DINING Credit Offers (February 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2021, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: notquiteaff
American Express Dining Credit Offers 2021
  • Hilton Honors - $5/mo
  • Hilton Honors Surpass - $10/mo
  • Hilton Honors Aspire - $20/mo
  • Delta SkyMiles Gold - $10/mo
  • Delta SkyMiles Plat - $15/mo
  • Delta SkyMiles Reserve - $20/mo
  • Marriott Bonvoy - $10/mo
  • Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant - $20/mo

official Terms and Conditions PDF for all cards from LoyaltyTraveler

Aspire card terms were posted by pointsengineer in post 56. It appears the Surpass terms are identical except for saying Surpass instead of Aspire, $10 instead of $20, and $110 instead of $220.

Print Wikipost

American Express DINING Credit Offers (February 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2021, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Super Mario
Am I the only one old fashioned enough to simply have a restaurant bill that is at least $20 each month?
Normally...no! The problem becomes keeping track of:

- AMEX Gold Uber or UberEats $10 monthly credit
- AMEX Gold $10 monthly credit for Grubhub or select restaurants
- AMEX HH $20 monthly credit
- AMEX Marriott $10 monthly credit
- Chase SR $60 DoorDash credit
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by christianj
Any experience with weekly subscription meal delivery services? We use CookUnity and I'm currently charging it to another card but this would help not loose the monthly credits I am getting on the HH Aspire and MR Bonvoy cards.
If you have an Am Ex Platiunum there is a deal for $50 off $50 or more that can be used two times with HomeChef. Just make sure you are in their delivery area before signing up for an account. I signed up and now am getting spam Emails from them and a bunch of delveriy companies are giving me pop up ads on the face book page, I gave them all my info only to get the message I'm out of their delivery area and I live in a large city.

I've used Blue Apron before when Costco sold their gift cards and wasn't that impressed. I'm single and the meal kits are for two and some of the stuff wasn't good reheated the next day. Also a lot of prep work, if you buy one make sure you have something to zest with and olive oil since a lot of recipes require you to zest stuff and fry in olive oil. One nice thing was everything was premeasured and they also gave you the recipe card if you wanted to make it on your own.

Something else to be careful of is to make sure you suspend the service if you don't think you'll be able to use all the meals that week. I'm also seeing those sealed boxes from those places in my condo dumpster, people subscribe and end up not eating the stuff.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Am I the only one old fashioned enough to simply have a restaurant bill that is at least $20 each month?
normally not at all but during Covid this is different and I prefer not to juggle several cc
Old Feb 5, 2021, 9:56 am
Community Director Emerita

- AMEX Gold Uber or UberEats $10 monthly credit
- AMEX Gold $10 monthly credit for Grubhub or select restaurants
- AMEX HH $20 monthly credit
- AMEX Marriott $10 monthly credit
- Chase SR $60 DoorDash credit
For the first two, I have electronic lists of credits I need to use throughout the year. This includes my airline fees and my restaurant rebates. For the restaurants, I note what month is up to use. When I use my UberEats or Grub Hub offer, I'll change Feb to March.

For the latter three, I use paper labels on my credit cards and keep the cards out in a clamp at my desk. The label says the amount of spend I need to do, then has Feb/Mar/Apr and so forth below. I'll strike thru each month as the year progresses and I use the credit.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 9:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
For people saying the 5/10$ credits aren’t worth it/too much of a hassle, I hope you consider buying a little ceasars or two a month and giving to a homeless person
Old Feb 5, 2021, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
For the first two, I have electronic lists of credits I need to use throughout the year. This includes my airline fees and my restaurant rebates. For the restaurants, I note what month is up to use. When I use my UberEats or Grub Hub offer, I'll change Feb to March.

For the latter three, I use paper labels on my credit cards and keep the cards out in a clamp at my desk. The label says the amount of spend I need to do, then has Feb/Mar/Apr and so forth below. I'll strike thru each month as the year progresses and I use the credit.
I created a tab in my general “credit cards” Google Sheets spreadsheet to track the use of the 2021 Dining credits on my Hilton Aspire and Delta Play cards. For good measure I added the Plat Uber credit as well. Google Pay helps me juggle my cards without having to carry them all in my wallet. Yesterday I checked off the Delta Plat credit after buying $22 takeout lunch with it.

I have already used half my CSR Doordash credit and am confident that I will use the rest at some point over the course of the rest of the year (I mostly use UberEats due to the monthly Plat credit, but sometimes they don’t have a driver available when I want to eat). But for good measure I will just create a task in my todo list for November to check on my use of that credit.

I am juggling a number of other offers via the spreadsheet ($1500 grocery spend 5X on various Chase cards, $100 retention bonus for $1250 spend on Delta Plat, 5k Hyatt points for $3k spend in Q1, 5k Hyatt points for 50 transactions in Feb...). And various Amex and Chase merchant offers.

It sometimes feels like a full time job, but it actually isn’t too bad.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Yeah.... My CC spend tracking spreadsheet has become a bit wild the past few months with all the various Amex monthly credits, various category spend promos on Chase cards (all with different monthly and quarterly caps and multiplies of course!), etc. It's a bit of an inconvenience to set up but not too much to not use them. My usual once or twice a week happy hour place doesn't take Google Pay though, so I actually need to remember to take the right card, since in my case my Aspire and Brilliant rarely leave my desk.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Nope, I have plenty. But I like to maximize credit card points I have a ton of Chase points and seeing chase is giving a 50% on Pay yourself back at restaurants I've been using my chase card since their promo started. If a restaurant bill is over $20 then I don't want to waste the excess on the am ex promo, especially since all restaurant charges at my chase point are valued a 4.5%.

I've already used both credits for the month anyway. There's a deli across the street from my office that has daily specials that I get carry out from and it's always $10 total so on Tuesday I went there for lunch and bought lunch and also bought a gift card for $10 to use next time I eat there so came out to $20 exactly so Hilton credit was used there. Coffee shop in my building I go to a couple times a week and bought a drink on Weds and figured out what i needed to get it to exactly $20 after tip and bought a gift card to top it off to exactly $20.

I also have the Uber eats credit on my am ex and the door dash credit with chase. I'll wait until the payyourself back promo ends with chase before using DoorDash to get the max use of points.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I, too, am waiting to see if the dining credit works with UberEats and other delivery services. But otherwise I definitely have $20 of general takeout every month directly from local resaurants.

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If you have an Am Ex Platiunum there is a deal for $50 off $50 or more that can be used two times with HomeChef.
I'm also seeing those sealed boxes from those places in my condo dumpster, people subscribe and end up not eating the stuff.
IIRC the Amex Plat offer is available for use three times. But agree with the rest of your comments re: service area and having a zester and oil (and salt & pepper).

The sealed boxes in a dumpster make me sad. There are surely food pantries and such around they could be donated to. Or even just leave them outside (esp now when it's cold out) at a bus stop or something - people will make use of them.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 3:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Khabibul35
Can anyone verity if starbucks works? As this exclusively for U.S. Restaurants and I'm abroad for the foreseeable future, I think Gift Cards are the only way I can take advantage until I'm back in the US.
Just getting caught up on reading this thread. Yes, Starbucks works. I'm in Mexico and loaded $ it to my starbucks account and received the Amex congratulations message. I can use the app here too, so I don't have to wait until I'm in the US to use it. Starbucks app does not work in every country, but you can at least load the app and use it when you return if the country you're in doesn't accept the app.
DC9 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
For people saying the 5/10$ credits aren’t worth it/too much of a hassle, I hope you consider buying a little ceasars or two a month and giving to a homeless person
I was giving those pizzas away to security officers posted at gated communities here in mexico because they're working 12+ hour days making very little.
SPN Lifer, Statman and jamesteroh like this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 6:20 pm
Original Member

i was surprised that Baskin Robbins even counted!
SPN Lifer and ameskay like this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
Just got email for using offer, ten dollar reload of existing Starbucks card
Old Feb 5, 2021, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Just getting caught up on reading this thread. Yes, Starbucks works. I'm in Mexico and loaded $ it to my starbucks account and received the Amex congratulations message. I can use the app here too, so I don't have to wait until I'm in the US to use it. Starbucks app does not work in every country, but you can at least load the app and use it when you return if the country you're in doesn't accept the app.
Hopefully no one was gullible like me, but buying Starbucks e-gift cards doesn't work.
Old Feb 6, 2021, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Hopefully no one was gullible like me, but buying Starbucks e-gift cards doesn't work.
Are you talking about reloading the app?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.