Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express DINING Credit Offers (February 2021)

Old Feb 3, 2021, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: notquiteaff
American Express Dining Credit Offers 2021
  • Hilton Honors - $5/mo
  • Hilton Honors Surpass - $10/mo
  • Hilton Honors Aspire - $20/mo
  • Delta SkyMiles Gold - $10/mo
  • Delta SkyMiles Plat - $15/mo
  • Delta SkyMiles Reserve - $20/mo
  • Marriott Bonvoy - $10/mo
  • Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant - $20/mo

official Terms and Conditions PDF for all cards from LoyaltyTraveler

Aspire card terms were posted by pointsengineer in post 56. It appears the Surpass terms are identical except for saying Surpass instead of Aspire, $10 instead of $20, and $110 instead of $220.

Print Wikipost

American Express DINING Credit Offers (February 2021)

Old Feb 3, 2021, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by blitzen
can any of the gift cards be added in the app (want to avoid having separate $5 /$10 .... GC to apply)?
The app/account has a card management feature where you register your cards and shift balances from one to the other (effectively combining credits).
Old Feb 4, 2021, 8:32 am

Like others, I have the $10 off $10 on my Bonvoy and Delta Gold. I also have the $5 off $5 on my Hilton, but seems limited to one card. I have two NAF Hilton cards (one switched from Citi) but only found the offer on one of the Hilton cards.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 11:24 am

Bought Chipotle e gc. No email offer was redeemed. I'll give it a few days.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: Silver Level: DL, Non-Elite: AS, UA, AA, WN
Originally Posted by vincewy
I'm having trouble logging into my Starbucks accounts and reloading my gift card, so I give up on Starbucks at this point. Any restaurants recommended that I can sign up and log in and get e-Gift cards? (I'm currently abroad until Easter weekend)
Can anyone verity if starbucks works? As this exclusively for U.S. Restaurants and I'm abroad for the foreseeable future, I think Gift Cards are the only way I can take advantage until I'm back in the US.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Khabibul35
Can anyone verity if starbucks works? As this exclusively for U.S. Restaurants and I'm abroad for the foreseeable future, I think Gift Cards are the only way I can take advantage until I'm back in the US.
Reloading your Starbucks account does work. I don’t know how using the Starbucks app abroad works, but I’m sure you could set your VPN to the USA and reload your card in app. Not sure if you can spend it while abroad though.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 3:06 pm

It seems like gift cards, generally, will not work unless they are bought in restaurant. But loading funds directly into restaurant apps will work. Does anybody know of a list of apps that allow this kind of funding? Couldn't see a way to do it with McDonalds, Shake Shack, Jimmy Johns, Sonic, Taco Cabana or Subway apps.
blitzen likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by time_stamp
It seems like gift cards, generally, will not work unless they are bought in restaurant. But loading funds directly into restaurant apps will work. Does anybody know of a list of apps that allow this kind of funding? Couldn't see a way to do it with McDonalds, Shake Shack, Jimmy Johns, Sonic, Taco Cabana or Subway apps.
Havne't tried it with Am Ex but bought gift cards online at Red Robin's and Outbacks sites using my chase reserve and it coded as a restaurant for pay yourself back.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
Also I reloaded an existing gift card in my Starbucks app with my bonvoy Amex for the $10/mo “restaurant” deal, will advise
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:23 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
No personal experiences, but perhaps Chipotle and Panera:

https://www.chipotle.com/gifts-and-gear

https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/gift-cards.html
These will not work as the gift cards are sold by wgiftcards.com and not Chipotle/Panera. Buying gift cards at most online stores will not trigger the bonus since the gift card is typically sold by CashStar or wgiftcard online.

Top ups on the Starbucks and Chick-fil-a apps will work fine. I'm not aware of other apps where this will work.
Khabibul35 and notquiteaff like this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:25 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by bertuzzi
I too live in Canada and can't go to the US right now due to Covid.
Are you able to figure out if any gift card purchase will qualify for the offer?
For those of you in Canada, you could try to setup an account on the US Starbucks app and reload on that. I use my US based Starbucks app whenever I am in Canada and the payment works just fine at the current exchange rate. Minor issue is that I don't ear Star points for those transactions, but I'll take the convenience and I typically load up the Starbucks app at a 5-10% discount since there are frequent offers between Amex and Chase.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by zakami
These will not work as the gift cards are sold by wgiftcards.com and not Chipotle/Panera. Buying gift cards at most online stores will not trigger the bonus since the gift card is typically sold by CashStar or wgiftcard.

Top ups on the Starbucks and Chick-fil-a apps will work fine. I' not aware of other apps where this will work.
Thanks for the correction. I personally don’t need any more Starbucks credit and don’t eat at Chick-fil-a, but shouldn’t have any problems using my credits through natural spend.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OTPorBust
Also I reloaded an existing gift card in my Starbucks app with my bonvoy Amex for the $10/mo “restaurant” deal, will advise
... in this dedicated thread : American Express DINING Credit Offers (February 2021)

Old Feb 4, 2021, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by zakami
For those of you in Canada, you could try to setup an account on the US Starbucks app and reload on that. I use my US based Starbucks app whenever I am in Canada and the payment works just fine at the current exchange rate. Minor issue is that I don't ear Star points for those transactions, but I'll take the convenience and I typically load up the Starbucks app at a 5-10% discount since there are frequent offers between Amex and Chase.
The US starbucks app also works in the UK
Old Feb 5, 2021, 7:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Any experience with weekly subscription meal delivery services? We use CookUnity and I'm currently charging it to another card but this would help not loose the monthly credits I am getting on the HH Aspire and MR Bonvoy cards.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Am I the only one old fashioned enough to simply have a restaurant bill that is at least $20 each month?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.