Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express DINING Credit Offers (February 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2021, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: notquiteaff
American Express Dining Credit Offers 2021
  • Hilton Honors - $5/mo
  • Hilton Honors Surpass - $10/mo
  • Hilton Honors Aspire - $20/mo
  • Delta SkyMiles Gold - $10/mo
  • Delta SkyMiles Plat - $15/mo
  • Delta SkyMiles Reserve - $20/mo
  • Marriott Bonvoy - $10/mo
  • Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant - $20/mo

official Terms and Conditions PDF for all cards from LoyaltyTraveler

Aspire card terms were posted by pointsengineer in post 56. It appears the Surpass terms are identical except for saying Surpass instead of Aspire, $10 instead of $20, and $110 instead of $220.

Print Wikipost

American Express DINING Credit Offers (February 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Still nada for the Wireless credit or the two dining credits. Both are showing as being added to the card but nothign in the savings tab and the wireless charge was made Sept 1.

This is worse than the Paypal glitch
No wireless credit after 13 days on transaction made on Sept 7, so decided to do a chat.

Chat rep said "we" actually have similar issues with dining credit. So he believes this is of the same nature and would send info to the back end... (as if hardly any cardmember inquires such?)

He issued an escalation request and claimed the credit would post within 3 to 5 business days...

He also mentioned that dining credit issues on Hilton cards are now resolved - this seems to match the DPs posted for transactions made the past few days.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
My Bonvoy purchase Sept 6 hasn't credited yet, until this month like others it was 1-2 days later.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 4:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hilton 9/1 purchase - still waiting
Bonboy 9/2 purchase - still waiting
DC9 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
My Bonvoy purchase Sept 6 hasn't credited yet, until this month like others it was 1-2 days later.
I am in the same boat as you. Purchase was on Sept. 7 at a local fast food place and it still hasn't posted.

Very frustrating because I need to use the $10 on my Delta gold card soon.
DC9 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's my experience. On one card, I satisfied the $20 minimum last week and got the dining credit. On a different card, I combined spending from Sept 2 AND last week and have not yet received the credit. Apparently, the early Sept.restaurant purchases still aren't being tracked as "dining" purchases for the credit. I guess we'll see if they fix this or we'll need to call.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Got the confirming email as soon as the server swiped my Hilton no-fee Amex today.
When I did my transactions I received a notification, don't remember which card it was, but neither one has been credited. Should have saved the email.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 9:56 pm
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Credits will post “in the fullness of time”. 😀
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
DL Reserve
9/7 $11
9/10 $15
9/16 $15
credit posted 9/17 (no email)

Bonvoy Brilliant
9/11 $27
Recognized as 3x for restaurants, but no credit so far, which is a bit odd given 9/10+9/16 apparently triggered on the DL card ¯\_(ツ)_/¯curious now whether a sub-$20 dining charge will cause it to notice the earlier one.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
9/20: $20 purchase on Aspire
9/21: $20 credit posted (saw it today 9/22)

Seems like things got back to normal at some point. Never got an email.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
9/20: $20 purchase on Aspire
9/21: $20 credit posted (saw it today 9/22)

Seems like things got back to normal at some point. Never got an email.
Used our household's second no-fee HH Amex to grab breakfast this morning & got the email immediately. Credit from 9/2 purchase on the other card still isn't showing, so things are mostly, but not entirely, back to normal.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 9:52 am

$5 credit used yesterday and got the email immediately (btw that was after the deal showed back permanently on my added tab - kept appearing and disappearing up till yesterday). However, I had already used the card on 2nd, so should not have had to do this.

A different card has the $20 deal which I also used already on the 1st. Would prefer not to have to put $20 on it again...
Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
When American Express' system fails to automatically credit a bonus on a specific date, there is typically a several week delay before it is credited. The long delay does not mean that you will not receive the credit. It means that the system is no longer searching that transaction date. At some point American Express will run a process that looks at a wider range of dates, and it should pickup the missed credits.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:20 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Still no dining credits on any of our 4 eligible cards nor wireless credits on my 2 eligible biz cards. All charges were made between 9/1-9/4. My spouse used her Delta card a few days ago and spent the $10+ at takeout place. No email notification, but the credit showed up yesterday. I called today about my Hilton and Bonvoy cards. Agent said there had been a Hilton card issue and the credit issue has been resolved and I should see the credit in a few days. She said she wasn't aware the Bonvoy issue and contacted another department. She was told that the charges qualified and they had to escalate. With the wireless credits, Amex told me there is an issue but I would need to wait the 12 weeks. I decided to go ahead and charge another $15 on Bonvoy biz and $20 on Delta biz cards to my wireless account. I got the Amex emails for both of those wireless charges within 2 minutes. I'm sure Amex will resolve all of these issues but if the dining credits don't show up in the next couple of days, I may just make the appropriate charges just so I won't have to continue to track the missing credits if the delay does go into next month.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by mia
When American Express' system fails to automatically credit a bonus on a specific date, there is typically a several week delay before it is credited. The long delay does not mean that you will not receive the credit. It means that the system is no longer searching that transaction date. At some point American Express will run a process that looks at a wider range of dates, and it should pickup the missed credits.
I wonder whether Amex's systems are smart enough to disallow double-dipping. (User put dining spend on card on 9/1 w/no credit yet; user uses same card on 9/22 & gets instant credit; Amex later runs process looking at wider range of dates covering 9/1 and ...?)

My guess is they're smarter than Chase & account for such scenarios.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Hope so, or I'll just stop using mine. Starbucks isn't a place I go out of my way to visit if I wasn't getting a discount or a freebie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.