Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express DINING Credit Offers (February 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2021, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: notquiteaff
American Express Dining Credit Offers 2021
  • Hilton Honors - $5/mo
  • Hilton Honors Surpass - $10/mo
  • Hilton Honors Aspire - $20/mo
  • Delta SkyMiles Gold - $10/mo
  • Delta SkyMiles Plat - $15/mo
  • Delta SkyMiles Reserve - $20/mo
  • Marriott Bonvoy - $10/mo
  • Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant - $20/mo

official Terms and Conditions PDF for all cards from LoyaltyTraveler

Aspire card terms were posted by pointsengineer in post 56. It appears the Surpass terms are identical except for saying Surpass instead of Aspire, $10 instead of $20, and $110 instead of $220.

Print Wikipost

American Express DINING Credit Offers (February 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:45 am
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Essendonfooty

… I cannot login to Starbucks being outside the states - despite multiple attempts …
​​
Starbucks Customer Service reset my US account for me in February this year. I use a VPN from Oz and have had no problems in topping up using the app each month since then
Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I placed a $60+ order on Uber eats and had $40 paid via Uber cash with the remaining $20+ charged to my Brilliant card which I successfully received the dining credit for.

There was 1 item completely missing from my order and I thought they would refund the $15 and change to my Uber cash but I see now that it went back to my card. Does that mean that I should use that amount again at a dining establishment for fear of a partial clawback of the $20 credit?
Old Jun 22, 2021, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by woodcmfr
I'm overseas too and Wendy's reloads work. I love them frosty!
How did you reload on Wendys? Are you talking about buying gift card from Wendys website?
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by curioustraveler96
How did you reload on Wendys? Are you talking about buying gift card from Wendys website?
Just load to your digital account in the "Mobile Pay" section of the app. Worked for me last month...
Old Jun 23, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by bworrell
Just load to your digital account in the "Mobile Pay" section of the app. Worked for me last month...
I'll try doing this next month because I've been loading my starbucks app and it still has over $100 on it, so since I'll be going back to the US next month I'll get some wendy's while there. Even though there are wendys here in Mexico they're not set up on the same app system like starbucks is. I rather have wendys' than starbucks actually. McDonalds, Burger King and 7Eleven are also on different apps down here. But, starbucks is still holding on.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 5:19 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
I am kind of frustrated with the AMEX Marriott offer for $10 dining credit. The language is really restrictive and I have had 3 charges which were targeted as either grocery or cafes and not honored for reimbursement.

Reading above it seems some FTers had success overseas with Wendys, Starbucks, Chic filA? Can I assume these would work domestic as well?

Love these offers but it has become a tracking nightmare.... thankfully most of these cards have a lot of additional value as well.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
I am kind of frustrated with the AMEX Marriott offer for $10 dining credit. The language is really restrictive and I have had 3 charges which were targeted as either grocery or cafes and not honored for reimbursement.

Reading above it seems some FTers had success overseas with Wendys, Starbucks, Chic filA? Can I assume these would work domestic as well?

Love these offers but it has become a tracking nightmare.... thankfully most of these cards have a lot of additional value as well.
Sorry to hear that, especially since I've had the opposite luck with this promotion: fish markets qualifying as "restaurants."
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:19 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Sorry to hear that, especially since I've had the opposite luck with this promotion: fish markets qualifying as "restaurants."
haha, I’ve had a fish market/restaurant (but definitely more of a restaurant) not code as a restaurant.

Just a fact of life, I guess, that all Amex statement credits require some level of jumping through hoops. As annoying as they are, I still manage to squeeze out a ton of value from them.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by carsnoceans

The thing is you load them to your apps, like Starbucks and Wendys and use them when you go back to the US, or if you're a country that actually uses the US version of the App, then use in the country you are in. In my case the only one that works in Mexico is Starbucks. I can load it here and scan it in any Starbucks. There's Wendys here but they don't accept the US app. But, at least I can load it.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Read through the entire thread here... and tried with Chic Fil A app. It worked! Gonna do it for starbucks next month!

I am not complaining about the offers since they are good value added over time. But if they start justifying higher AF with these little gimmicks, I would start canceling few cc's. I will drop Amex Gold this year after several years. The airline credits required workarounds but still far more useable than monthly uber credits. Same with all the other ones dining credits... I hope these are just sweeteners for the pandemic times.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 9:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by hp12c
haha, I’ve had a fish market/restaurant (but definitely more of a restaurant) not code as a restaurant.

Just a fact of life, I guess, that all Amex statement credits require some level of jumping through hoops. As annoying as they are, I still manage to squeeze out a ton of value from them.
I attempted to see if the evening of June 30th would count as a July spend, but the butcher shop, like many Mom and Pops, doesn't take American Express.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 10:10 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
So much for what I said last month. This month, the Starbucks web site doesn't work on my phone any more. (The front page does, but nothing in the Accounts section.)

Edit: Turning off my ad blocker worked. The Starbucks web site is using some (presumably nasty ad/tracker site) that is blocked by uBlock Origin.

Last edited by Kremmen; Jul 3, 2021 at 8:00 am
Old Jul 2, 2021, 7:52 pm
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kremmen
...the Starbucks web site doesn't work on my phone any more. (The front page does, but nothing in the Accounts section.)

Anyone else having trouble? (It has been much easier to just proxy from Firefox than to have multiple apps.)
All good here. I just checked and everything is showing as expected. Added $20 to the account about 12 hours ago, as well.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by rice4u
DP: I upgrade my Delta Platinum ($15 per month) to Delta Reserve ($20/month) and able to add the new offer of $20/month so I now have $35 each month .
Originally Posted by blitzen
Same with my Hilton Surplus. $10 offer since it started. Upgraded to Aspire a month or so ago. This morning the $20 appeared. Could add it and now both show as active. Lets see if both actually work and I'll get $30 back
Just to double-check, both offers were added to a single card and get triggered?

I downgraded from Aspire in Jan, but still got and have been using the $20 credits. Then I also got the $5 offer a few months later but was afraid to click on it in case it removed the $20 offer. Is it safe? Thanks
Old Jul 11, 2021, 2:54 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
I have been finding these credits very annoying to use lately. ~25%-30% of my attempts have not been coded as restaurants despite the business very clearly being nothing but a restaurant. I have been thinking of getting the Gold card, but I assume the merchant coding is the same regardless of the Amex card you use. Thus, I anticipate I'd be continually frustrated by not getting bonus points where I'd expect to. Am I the only one in this boat or is this a common thing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.