View Poll Results: Should we segregate discussion of Reserved for Platinum Offers in a separate thread?
Yes. I prefer a separate thread for Reserved for Platinum Offers.
82.11%
No. I prefer a single thread for all USA Offers.
17.89%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Amex Offers: Reserved for Platinum

Old Jan 26, 2021, 8:04 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Amex Offers: Reserved for Platinum

Since 2012 we have maintained a single thread for discussion of all USA Amex Offers: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...nc-offers.html

New in 2021, American Express (USA) is designating some Offers as Reserved for Platinum. I assume these offers are also available on Centurion cards, but not on Gold, Green or the various credit cards. Please respond to the attached poll to indicate if you would prefer to continue to have a single thread for all Offers, or a separate thread for the Reserved for Platinum type.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 9:27 pm

The term Sync Offers was foreign to me. Have you considered renaming the thread to something more obvious. The Amex mobile app just uses the word OFFERS
Old Jan 26, 2021, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Centurion
The term Sync Offers was foreign to me. ...
Was, but not anymore, right?
Although I generally favor brevity, a single word is not enough to describe what category of offers we're discussing. Besides changing long established terminology is bound to generate confusion.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 7:45 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

The term Sync Offers was foreign to me. ....
Point taken. Sync Offers was the terminology that American Express used when this feature was introduced in 2012. At the time the URL was "sync.americanexpress.com", but this terminology was abandoned.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 11:33 am

The term Sync Offers was foreign to me. Have you considered renaming the thread to something more obvious. The Amex mobile app just uses the word OFFERS
I agree with this. I get the offers from amexoffers.com so shouldn't the thread title be named "Amex Offers" rather than "Sync Offers" since the latter was the older name that was used?
CrimsonKnight1776 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 11:56 am
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Statman
....shouldn't the thread title be named "Amex Offers"....
I think this has been done: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...nc-offers.html
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Thank you mia for taking care of this!
Old Jan 29, 2021, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Keep it a single thread. Now I'll have to click on 2 threads and the Platinum only will be 'low volume'.
imnotalawyer and skaballet like this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
Keep it a single thread. Now I'll have to click on 2 threads and the Platinum only will be 'low volume'.
I voted for separate threads because I don't want to see posts from non-Platinum holders asking why they can't see the Platinum only offers.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum Elite, Delta Silver Medallion
I voted for separate threads because I don't want to see posts from non-Platinum holders asking why they can't see the Platinum only offers.
Agreed. I vote for separate too as it's much easier to sort through a thread specifically targeted to the information you're interested in.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 7:55 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Amex Platinum
A better split would be business vs personal card offers since those offers seem quite different.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
And you think this would solve that? I don't. Change your question to: "I have an Amex Gold, can I call/chat/send a carrier pigeon to Amex and get them to add this to my card?"

I voted to keep them together, since they function the same way. Also there is no assurance Amex will keep these "Reserved for Platinum" which is just marketing mumbo jumbo for "Targeted Offers" anyway beyond the current covid/limited travel situation.
Zorak likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 10:57 am
mia
Original Poster

In the 2016 poll there was a clear preference for a single thread: POLL: Amex Sync offers - one thread or more?
Old Jan 30, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I'd prefer both a separate Platinum thread and separate threads for business / personal.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 8:33 pm

I also had no clue what a sync offer was until I came across the FT thread in a google search a few weeks ago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.