Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex zeros out a credit balance

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2021, 7:43 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
I've observed this too, although in my case I *think* I benefited from it (I definitely noticed the discrepancy anyway, it might even have been in a different state). I would wonder if it was the same national retailer but it was long enough ago that I've forgotten all the details though
Someone should buy some expensive items in a state with no sales tax, return them in a ~10% sales tax state, and rub it in their faces all over social media and get their attention. Maybe that would get them to update their 1980s IT.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Ambasador, Hilton diamond.
...there is likely a check in the mail for the amount that was zero'd out.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 3:26 pm

NO CHECK IS COMING FROM AMEX IN THE MAIL. I have had credit balances in the past and know what amex writes when they send a check for a credit balance. This is a << A SMALL BALANCE WRITE-ON PURCHASE PRINCIPLE>> That is the wording and no check is coming. Quite frankly I have never heard of a "write-on" just a "write-off"
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 3:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by Centurion
SMALL BALANCE WRITE-ON PURCHASE PRINCIPLE....
Thank you, this allowed me to find the previous thread discussing this process, and I have merged it into this thread. See posts 1 - 9 .
Old Jan 25, 2021, 7:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
The current balance on one of my Amex cards was $6.00 this afternoon. I made a payment of $6.36, and now it’s -$0.36. The monthly cutoff is tomorrow. I don’t think I can sleep tonight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.