Use Bonvoy Brilliance $300 Credit Without Travel?

Old Jan 18, 21, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Use Bonvoy Brilliance $300 Credit Without Travel?

My Amex Bonvoy Brilliance credit will be expiring at the end of Feb and currently, I don't have any travel plans until May (still pending). I don't want to book a prepaid hotel stay and risk having to cancel and lose the money. Are there other ways to use the credit besides gift cards? Also, are there any DP on recent successful gift card purchases? The last successful gc purchase I saw in the reimbursement thread was from May 2020.

Thank you.
Old Jan 18, 21, 9:22 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by festriaqua View Post
My Amex Bonvoy Brilliance credit will be expiring at the end of Feb and currently, I don't have any travel plans until May (still pending). I don't want to book a prepaid hotel stay and risk having to cancel and lose the money. Are there other ways to use the credit besides gift cards? Also, are there any DP on recent successful gift card purchases? The last successful gc purchase I saw in the reimbursement thread was from May 2020.

Thank you.
I faintly recall AmEx allows this credit to be used for something else. Dining in general? Just ask AmEx chat rep and they will be happy to help you.
Old Jan 18, 21, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
I faintly recall AmEx allows this credit to be used for something else. Dining in general? Just ask AmEx chat rep and they will be happy to help you.
That was a special promotion last year, and ended on Aug 31, 2020.
Old Jan 18, 21, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by festriaqua View Post
That was a special promotion last year, and ended on Aug 31, 2020.
Where were you during the promotion last year? Expected to use on a reservation? I suggest you contact CSR or wait until next month as there are expected benefits for this, hilton and delta cards. Hopefully, Amex makes these resort credit as flexible as last year.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: