Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2021 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Has anyone actually received a Centurion Card invite?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2021, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by JMo74
My card arrived today along with the Prada wearable. Maybe I'm not hip or fashionable but I can't imagine wearing that. It's cool that they're thinking outside the box but I put it on once then it went away in a drawer forever.
I don't think it is so much thinking outside of the box, but rather trying to keep up with the likes of Apple and their watch. Apple is the innovator in this case.
Centurion likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:06 pm

I’m new to the forum and have been reading the threads. It seems everyone is getting the centurion cards lol

I’ve had my Amex plat for about 6 years now
Ive shown interest online 40,000 times
shown interest to reps over the phone

so far they called me and asked me to open a Amex business plat. Which I did. I guess i have to start spending money on it.

my spend:

2016: 163,900

2017: 140,500

2018: 214,000

2019: 410,900

2020: 640,100

2021: closing at 1,200,000 or more

where is my centurion invite!!
Old Dec 4, 2021, 7:27 pm

Programs: Centurion BA GGL IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Torojoe
I’m new to the forum and have been reading the threads. It seems everyone is getting the centurion cards lol

so far they called me and asked me to open a Amex business plat. Which I did. I guess i have to start spending money on it.

my spend:

What categories is your spend on ?
Old Dec 4, 2021, 8:08 pm

I use my Amex for everything. But when I look at the yearly reports most is what they consider “business services”. But I also noticed sometimes they categorize certain charges in the wrong category.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

I use my Amex for everything. But when I look at the yearly reports most is what they consider “business services”. But I also noticed sometimes they categorize certain charges in the wrong category.
When did you start to use the Business Platinum and what did the business services charges consist of?
Old Dec 4, 2021, 8:30 pm

The info I provided was for my Amex personal plat and they recently called me to offer Amex business plat. I just got the business card. I recently started to use the business. Most of my spend has been in the personal one. it’s seems I’m on the right track based on what I’m reading except for what I spend on the card (category spend)
SteveT likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 12:01 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Did they specifically tell you to get the Business version since it appeared you were putting business charges on a personal card? Only asking because pretty much everyone seems to get "invited" to open a Business Platinum these days (I myself have a 150K point offer just waiting for my acceptance )

And I'm sure things will heat up even more with the Ink Premier about to go live, with a much lower fee and richer rewards.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:49 am

Yes I think they assumed I had a mix of charges on my personal. Not sure how. But he called me out if no where, I assume it’s a good thing and I’m in my way to centurion hopefully one day
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:36 am

Just need to be patient. I'm close to 200k EUR spend this year, all personal - luxury goods, fine dining, high-end travel / hotels. Still no invite.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by alm0st
Just need to be patient. I'm close to 200k EUR spend this year, all personal - luxury goods, fine dining, high-end travel / hotels. Still no invite.
In my view, your profile is their "ideal" customer. A person whose gotten over the fear of spending for the good life a long time ago, and, more importantly, one whose enjoyment doesn't appear to or be predicated by a reliance OPM.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Visconti
In my view, your profile is their "ideal" customer. A person whose gotten over the fear of spending for the good life a long time ago, and, more importantly, one whose enjoyment doesn't appear to or be predicated by a reliance OPM.
Why would you say that high end travel and dining wouldn't be OPM? And why would Amex care? Amex loves and thrives on OPM.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Why would you say that high end travel and dining wouldn't be OPM? And why would Amex care? Amex loves and thrives on OPM.
I'm not saying anything. It's all speculation anyway. We've seen people receive invites without any spend history in the categories that are frequently mentioned here. If anything, this may add to the DP which contradicts the assumption of having a specific merchant mix. Quite frankly, I'm not obsessing over receiving an invite anytime soon. Would I accept if they did invite me though? Probably.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Ah, in my view, that level of luxury spending--$250K plus--generally is from a clientele for whom, though it may be from OPM, isn't reliant upon OPM to continue that level of spending when they reach the post OPM era. So, Senior Execs, superstar rainmakers and C-Suite level Execs all fall into that category. In other words, if a cardmember is just a run of the mill salesman racking up $200K charges with a limited compensation & stipend, what's his value when his career is over? Not very much, in contrast to the aforementioned exceptions.

For instance, and forgive me for making a judgement (assumption) here, when your business travel is over, I'd bet that your enjoyment of luxury as Amex has come to expect likely won't diminish that greatly, if at all.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 11:14 am

my spend:

my spend was very similar to yours. I still believe I wouldn’t have my invite if it wasn’t for Goldman Sachs. But what I can say is that when I first talked to my Centurion Membership Executive called me for first time, he said my spend was pretty high and must have been easy for them to send me an invite. With your spend being real close to mine, I feel like you’re already there and just waiting for whatever their system or process is to send out the invites. I really have no clue, but it would be my best guess. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Old Dec 5, 2021, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Visconti
Ah, in my view, that level of luxury spending--$250K plus--generally is from a clientele for whom, though it may be from OPM, isn't reliant upon OPM to continue that level of spending when they reach the post OPM era. So, Senior Execs, superstar rainmakers and C-Suite level Execs all fall into that category. In other words, if a cardmember is just a run of the mill salesman racking up $200K charges with a limited compensation & stipend, what's his value when his career is over? Not very much, in contrast to the aforementioned exceptions.

For instance, and forgive me for making a judgement (assumption) here, when your business travel is over, I'd bet that your enjoyment of luxury as Amex has come to expect likely won't diminish that greatly, if at all.
Sure the OPM era ends someday. But overall Amex really relies on that corporate spending. Be it on a corporate or personal card. That is where Amex puts the most of its sales and marketing efforts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.