Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue bonus transfer working for anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2020, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Flying Blue bonus transfer working for anyone?

Got an e-mail yesterday from FB that said

Do you feel like you could use some extra Miles to get the rewards you want? Convert your current American Express Membership RewardsŪ Points into Flying Blue Miles in just 2 easy steps and enjoy a 30% bonus!
US-based FB account and US-based AmEx card and when I went to the AmEx web site to have a look they were showing the usual 1:1 MR transfer rate and not the bonus one. No language about it being for first time transfers only that I could find and I'm curious if I got the offer/non-offer for a wrong region or if it's something that hasn't gone live yet.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 4:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by beachmouse
Got an e-mail yesterday from FB ....
There have been some previous offers that were administered by an airline, and not reflected on the American Express site. You could try a 1,000 point transfer to test.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Will do and see what happens.
mia likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 7:28 pm

Did you end up receiving the bonus?
Old Dec 5, 2020, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Haven't tried it yet because I got a little weirded out that I couldn't find a reference to the bonus on FB's web site, only if I clicked through from the e-mail, which then wanted me to log into my AmEx account and even though the header of the e-mail looked like it properly came from FB, I bailed at that point over security concerns.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 8:25 pm

Haven't tried it yet because I got a little weirded out that I couldn't find a reference to the bonus on FB's web site, only if I clicked through from the e-mail, which then wanted me to log into my AmEx account and even though the header of the e-mail looked like it properly came from FB, I bailed at that point over security concerns.
Gotcha. I received the email as well so was just wondering. I did notice the link in the email takes me to the UK Amex website so perhaps it wasn't intended for my region (US).
Old Dec 5, 2020, 9:02 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
On American Express UK I see a transfer bonus to Hilton, but not to FlyingBlue.

Last edited by mia; Dec 6, 2020 at 5:02 am
Old Dec 6, 2020, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ajshin27
Gotcha. I received the email as well so was just wondering. I did notice the link in the email takes me to the UK Amex website so perhaps it wasn't intended for my region (US).
I also received the e-mail. US based, but the e-mail link goes to the Amex UK site. To those have received the e-mail, have you transferred Amex to Flying Blue before? And has anyone received the e-mail who has not transferred before? I was curious if it was targeted to people who have done it in the past (I have transferred before).
Old Dec 6, 2020, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Biscoff27
I also received the e-mail. US based, but the e-mail link goes to the Amex UK site. To those have received the e-mail, have you transferred Amex to Flying Blue before? And has anyone received the e-mail who has not transferred before? I was curious if it was targeted to people who have done it in the past (I have transferred before).
I've transferred before from AmEx.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Biscoff27
I've transferred before from AmEx.
Yes, I've done Amex to Flying Blue before.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Speaking of transfers to airlines, I recently transferred MR points to DL. To my surprise the transfer tax/fee or whatever they call it was waived, apparently as part of the Covid temporary benefits until 12/31. I hadn't seen this mentioned on FT before.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 5:57 pm

Does anyone have the link to this offer? For some reason my email communication was turned off and I did not receive it. Thank you!
Old Dec 21, 2020, 11:21 am

So a little update. I did a test transfer of 1,000 pts on 12/16 and received the 30% (300 points) bonus today. Unfortunately, I see no expiration date of the deal.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 2:26 pm

Any other datapoints about this supposed transfer bonus ??
Old Jan 1, 2021, 10:17 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Any other datapoints about this supposed transfer bonus ??
I transferred 30,000 miles on December 23 and received a 10,000-mile bonus on December 29. I'm based in the EU but transferred from a US Amex account.

The promotion specifies no end-date and I am curious how long it lasts.
hoipolloi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.