Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to see MR points earned for a purchase on Business Gold card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2020, 10:23 am
Original Poster

After the recent refresh of the business gold card, I no longer see how many MR points are earned for each purchase. Before the refresh, I could click on a purchase about a week after the charge posted, and it would show me how many MR points were earned for that purchase, but that is no longer the case. My personal Amex still shows MR points for each purchase and my personal Amex purchase still show up if I go to "Rewards" and click on "Points Summary", but none of the business card charges for the current billing period show up there either. I see the business card charges for the previous billing period (prior to Nov. 9th). My only guess is they are perhaps not showing them anymore because the bonus categories are now calculated after each statement? Does anyone know if there is a way to see MR points earned for business gold card purchases made in the current billing period?
Old May 25, 2021, 6:49 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by knopfler
After the recent refresh of the business gold card, I no longer see how many MR points are earned for each purchase. Before the refresh, I could click on a purchase about a week after the charge posted, and it would show me how many MR points were earned for that purchase, but that is no longer the case. My personal Amex still shows MR points for each purchase and my personal Amex purchase still show up if I go to "Rewards" and click on "Points Summary", but none of the business card charges for the current billing period show up there either. I see the business card charges for the previous billing period (prior to Nov. 9th). My only guess is they are perhaps not showing them anymore because the bonus categories are now calculated after each statement? Does anyone know if there is a way to see MR points earned for business gold card purchases made in the current billing period?
Did your missing MR points for the business gold charges get resolved? If so, when did your points show up? I opened one up a month ago and I noticed the same thing. It's not showing any points for any transactions that I've made over the past month (not even as pending). And the first billing cycle just closed a couple of days ago. It didn't work like this on the on the prior version of this card nor as it works on any of my other MR cards. I'm trying to figure out if there is an issue with this account or posting of points works differently because of the way the 4x points works.
Old May 25, 2021, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
Did your missing MR points for the business gold charges get resolved? If so, when did your points show up? I opened one up a month ago and I noticed the same thing. It's not showing any points for any transactions that I've made over the past month (not even as pending). And the first billing cycle just closed a couple of days ago. It didn't work like this on the on the prior version of this card nor as it works on any of my other MR cards. I'm trying to figure out if there is an issue with this account or posting of points works differently because of the way the 4x points works.
Yes, I did receive all the points. I don't remember when they actually showed up in the transaction list but they eventually did. I want to say it was a week or two after the statement closed that they all showed up as pending.
I Love to Travel likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by knopfler
Yes, I did receive all the points. I don't remember when they actually showed up in the transaction list but they eventually did. I want to say it was a week or two after the statement closed that they all showed up as pending.
Thanks for the response. What a difference a few hours makes. I just went into my Amex account and all of the charges on my biz gold card through this latest closing date, now show up as pending. Even the charges in the top 2 categories are showing 4x points. So, it looks like I won't be seeing individual charges posting in the MR section until about 3 days after statement closing date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.