Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Price Drop on FHR Reservation - Will Anyone Refund the Difference?

Old Nov 17, 2020, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA GOLD

I have a non-refundable FHR reservation for 2 weeks from today. Tonight I found out that the price has dropped by $70/night. Do I have any hope of getting Amex to refund the difference? I called the AMEX travel line and they said they wouldn't do it. Would I have any luck with another call to Amex or to the hotel, or is this a lost cause?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by bspahn; Nov 17, 2020 at 1:32 am
Old Nov 17, 2020, 1:31 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
If their price went up by $70/night, do you want them to knock on your door asking for the increase???

You decided to choose a non-refundable rate. Move on
dw, Steve M, Statman and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Look, if you want to call back to see if you get a different answer then go ahead and give it a go. But I agree with JordanWalker's sentiment--this is the game we play with non-refundable reservations, hoping we lock in the lowest price but it doesn't always turn out that way. The hotel will certainly not refund the difference (why would they?), and I doubt you'll get a different answer from AmEx no matter how many times you call. But like I said, it's your time to use as you see fit.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Did you screenshot the terms when booking? Not all prepaid FHR reservations are non-refundable.

If it's non-refundable though, I wouldn't even call Amex.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.