Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Platinum USA 75k-125k MR + 10x grocery & gas + 20% dine credit (cap $300)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Platinum USA 75k-125k MR + 10x grocery & gas + 20% dine credit (cap $300)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2021, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
100k referral link

FWIW, it seems to be possible to generate referral links for the 100k offer. I see the below when I go to the amex referral page - have tested in incognito mode & with friends to confirm this results in the 100k offer showing up every time... Just a heads up to anyone who might be looking to refer a friend / family member for it (the referrer gets 30k MR).

You’re eligible for an enhanced referral offer. Invite a friend to Card Membership, and earn a special reward if they’re approved.

Your friend can earn:
Membership Rewards points after they use their new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 6 months of Card Membership. Plus, they can earn 10x points at U.S. Gas Stations & U.S. Supermarkets. Your friend will also be able to choose from other available American Express Personal and Business Card offers. You can receive your referral bonus no matter what Card your friend is approved for.
mia likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2021, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by jags86
If you’re talking about the 75k + $300 link vs the 100k link, I had to make that decision myself and chose the 75k + $300 link. I don’t have a Schwab Platinum, so the $300 is like cashing out 25k at $0.012 each. There is an opportunity cost of 4500 points putting the spend on the Platinum vs the Gold card, so it’s really almost a 1 point = $0.01 (29500 points in exchange for $300). At the end of the day, I decided a cash offset was better for me for a few reasons. One, I don’t really want to absorb another $550 annual fee. Now I’ll have $480 in actual cash offsets against the $550 fee ($180 PayPal and $300 restaurants) plus the airline, Uber, and Saks reimbursements. $70 for all that stuff is definitely worth it to me. Additionally, I always talk myself into not using my points in hope of a better redemption. This forces me to use some. I already have a ton of MR points.
I had the same thought process. $300 today vs an extra 25K MR that I MIGHT use a year from now due to Covid — It was an easy choice for me. Some of us have also received the 10% credit for non-restaurant purchases...

With that said, after signing up under the 75k MR + $300, P2 was targeted for 125k which I would’ve preferred.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 8:47 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by trikotret
I'm surprised no one posted this here.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ameri...x-grocery-gas/
Are these offers still valid? 75K + 10x g/g + $300, alternatively 100K + 10x g/g? Incognito, I assume, and don't log in?
Old Jan 19, 2021, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by j4y7
I had the same thought process. $300 today vs an extra 25K MR that I MIGHT use a year from now due to Covid — It was an easy choice for me. Some of us have also received the 10% credit for non-restaurant purchases...
I also chose the 20% off restaurant offer, but the tough part is that the $300 rebate just takes so long to use up for us. We'll get through it in 9-10 months even without travel, but seeing credits of $1 here and $8 there just doesn't have the same excitement of the large number of extra points. That being said, we chose the $300 for good reasons, it's just slow going!
Old Jan 21, 2021, 6:19 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by joeags
I also chose the 20% off restaurant offer, but the tough part is that the $300 rebate just takes so long to use up for us. We'll get through it in 9-10 months even without travel, but seeing credits of $1 here and $8 there just doesn't have the same excitement of the large number of extra points. That being said, we chose the $300 for good reasons, it's just slow going!
Agreed. Especially without any group outings where you could try and pay for everyone and get reimbursed, it’ll take a little while. I figure 6 months or so to go through the $300 credit
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 9:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by vanillabean
Are these offers still valid? ....
If you can find an offer that is better than the public version it is valid for someone. I don't think anyone can tell you, with certainty, if the offers have been withdrawn or if American Express will honor one for a specific applicant. Do not log in. Do make screen shots showing ALL details of the offer terms.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by mia
If you can find an offer that is better than the public version it is valid for someone. I don't think anyone can tell you, with certainty, if the offers have been withdrawn or if American Express will honor one for a specific applicant. Do not log in. Do make screen shots showing ALL details of the offer terms.
Thank you. I am inclined to go with a referral from my wife's EveryDay card that gives her 7.5K miles and me 75K + 10x for gas stations and supermarkets for six months. I am shocked to see that I would have a full six months to spend the $5K in purchases. I'm not sure why the 75K referral offer is reduced to 60K once I log in, so if and when I apply, maybe it'll work if I don't.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I'm not seeing the 10x grocery offer or anything >75k for Mrs. B or me. Guess I need to try VPN / incognito mode.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 11:27 am

A silly Friday afternoon sort of question no doubt, but upon approval where are the initial perks such as signup bonus and 10x groceries/gas listed? It wasn’t until I went to the MR site and noticed the 9x bonus points earned on a grocery transaction that I knew for sure I got it.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA, DL
I did the card match tool and applied yesterday. Received 125K sign up bonus, 10x groceries/gas, numerous other things. Yes, I have a new Platinum Amex card. I looked a few minutes ago and today's offer (without using the actual tool) was down to 100K. It's possible that my offer is still out there but I have no idea. My card gets here tomorrow.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by liwarren
I did the card match tool and applied yesterday. Received 125K sign up bonus, 10x groceries/gas, numerous other things.
Congratulations! Being curious and for full verification, I was wondering how you can be sure you received what you were offered. Did you see any specifics once you were approved rather than before or during the application process?
Old Feb 5, 2021, 6:19 pm
mia

Originally Posted by vanillabean
.....where are the initial perks such as signup bonus and 10x groceries/gas listed?....
In the terms of the offer. The signup bonus "might" be displayed online when you are notified of approval, but there is no document created verifying the specifics of the offer.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
today's offer is 100k in one browser, 75k in another. heading the right direction but bizarre
Old Feb 10, 2021, 11:22 am

125k offer

I have a 125k offer for AMEX plat, however given the travel situation, I probably won't be able to use most of the travel benefits. Would you still get the card just for the offer? I'd probably need to surrender my CSR since its probably a bit much to carry 1k+ AFs. Your opinion would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 11:49 am
mia

Does your offer also include 10 points per dollar at supermarkets? Do you have other cards issued by American Express?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.