Hilton Aspire Card, Moneymaker?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
What about the resort credit?
What about it? It's a different benefit with different T&Cs. It doesn't have a waiting period and resets annually on your cardmember anniversary date, all of which has been beat to a dead pulp here Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit - FlyerTalk Forums
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I can't tell you how many times I thank my lucky stars that I (accidentally, not on purpose, just dumb luck) got my Aspire card at the end of December. All my benefits are aligned in the same annual timeframe.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by entropy
I'm a big fan of the card... If you maximize the airline and hotel credits and use the FN cert you can easily get 2x the AF in value. Using it at Conrads and WA's ... its a great value relative to the 50k hotel award you get with the $ marriott cards.
I'm going to get 4x this year, thanks to a $1200 room at the WA Beverly Hills. Suddenly very glad I did not cancel last year.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm going to get 4x this year, thanks to a $1200 room at the WA Beverly Hills. Suddenly very glad I did not cancel last year.
What do you mean by getting 4x this year?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 4:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lsquare
What do you mean by getting 4x this year?
4x the annual fee in benefits. $250 airline credit, $250 resort credit, $1400 hotel room. This is on top of Diamond benefits (which IME are pretty minimal).
Old May 8, 2022, 9:55 am

Did I misremember about gas? I could have sworn the Aspire paid 7x on gas purchases, took a couple of trips recently and just got 3x. My usual at-home purchases are either with Costco or similar so I can't even use an Amex.

Now I don't see gas mentioned on the Aspire, just on the Surpass (6x).

I just want to know if it used to be 7x on the Aspire.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Did I misremember about gas? ... I just want to know if it used to be 7x on the Aspire.
Yes, I think you misremembered about gas. Partial screenshot below from my 2018 application documentation.

Old May 8, 2022, 1:29 pm

Thanks for that. My bad, I just lost out on some (not a whole lot) of extra points but at least now I know.
Old May 8, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Don't feel bad, I got excited when gas hit $6 here in California then remembered it was 3x, not 7x
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:49 am

I had the Aspire card up until March of this year, cancelled as I had 5 cards with +$350 AFs and the retention offer was only 10k hilton points, but for some reason my account is still showing as Hilton Diamond ... I have upcoming stays next month at Hilton properties, and I'm curious if my account will continue to reflect Diamond for a certain period of time? Seems like an odd loophole of sorts...
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by kthpence
... if my account will continue to reflect Diamond for a certain period of time? ...
Kinda like the exact date a new or closed account will hit a credit bureau, I think it’s (unfortunately) unpredictable.
kthpence likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:49 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
i used my cert for WA maldives. does that mean it paid for my annual feel for the next 5 years?
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:37 am

Have an offer on my Aspire to earn 17x on Hilton Purchases (3x more than the usual 14x) from now until Sept. 2. Registration required. Up to 4,500 extra points (so I guess up to $1,500 spend). Was in a (small) banner on my account and also via e-mail.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

I recently received an email solicitation to a survey about the Aspire card. Asked me to select my (other) most commonly used card and then a bunch of identical questions about each card and then a bunch of questions about why my Aspire card isn’t used more. (Not sure if I was targeted for the survey due to lack of Aspire activity.)

I submitted that I only use the card for Hilton spend, annual fee is too high, 3x on un-bonused spend and 7x on flights, car rentals and restaurants, considering the low relative value of a HH point, pales in comparison to other cards.

I doubt I’m the only one who received and completed the survey. Anyone think AmEx is serious about re-evaluating this card?

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
(April 2021) ... Even with only 1 Hilton stay in the past year I still give this card 2 thumbs up👍👍...
(November 2021) Even with shifting my 50 actual hotel nights this year to Hyatt (to take advantage of Hyatt’s generous lowered status requirements), only 2 Hilton nights and less than $500 total actual spend (other than credited charges and AF) … it’s still among my favorites and a keeper...
These sentiments remain unchanged.

(November 2021) … As I've mentioned above, the (Aspire) Resort credit can be received upon booking a fully refundable rate which requires an immediate (usually 1 night) deposit. IME, upon cancelling that reservation a month or 2 later (due to completely unrelated reasons ), the Resort credit was not clawed back.
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
(November 2021) I wish no ill will, and hope this doesn’t happen to you, but I 100% guarantee you will get audited eventually and have to pay the 250$ back at some point when RAT does their audit.
No audit last year. Did (almost) the exact same thing this January, difference was Hilton Resort deposit, AmEx credit, (cancellation and) Hilton credit all appeared on the same statement instead of the Hilton credit being 2-3 months later. No audit this year. Is there statute of limitations for this sort of thing (audit)? (Would love to know when I can stop looking over my shoulder. )

Originally Posted by exmike
i used my cert for WA maldives. does that mean it paid for my annual feel for the next 5 years?
A month ago I used 3 certs (2 anniversary, 1 Nov 2021-Feb 2022 spend based promo) for 3 otherwise expensive nights in London, I feel the same way .

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
(June 2022) Have an offer on my Aspire to earn 17x on Hilton Purchases (3x more than the usual 14x) from now until Sept. 2. Registration required. Up to 4,500 extra points (so I guess up to $1,500 spend). Was in a (small) banner on my account and also via e-mail.
Next week I have my first significant paid Hilton stay in 2.5 years, salivating at the thought of this or a similar offer. By any chance is there a link to the registration page (understanding that it’s probably targeted)?

Originally Posted by Super Mario
(November 2020) I agree, the card is almost too good to not have (for a lot of us). ..

Couldn’t have written it better myself .
Old Aug 18, 2022, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
IMO, this is the best hotel CC on the market. I've been using the Aspire to pay for all of my Hilton stays around the world.
Dr Jabadski, IndyHoosier and DC9 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.