Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Card: 12 Months of Eats Pass for Free

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2021, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by econ
Does it only allow Uber Cash from AmEx credits? If not, then I suppose one can still use Uber Cash as a (still slightly less than ideal) workaround, since it can be funded with a card that earns bonus spend, or with discounted gift cards.
Or buy Uber gc at a multiplier location: supermarket, etc. I wouldn't mind a few bucks at 1x plat if the order runs slightly over, but my order is generally pretty modest.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 7:16 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Interestingly, I have a new Amex Offer on my Plat Card for +3 MR points on Uber Eats, up to 500 points, through 6/30
Old Apr 16, 2021, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by dw
Interestingly, I have a new Amex Offer on my Plat Card for +3 MR points on Uber Eats, up to 500 points, through 6/30
Added that along with the $5 off per order offer!
Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by econ
Does it only allow Uber Cash from AmEx credits? If not, then I suppose one can still use Uber Cash as a (still slightly less than ideal) workaround, since it can be funded with a card that earns bonus spend, or with discounted gift cards.
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Or buy Uber gc at a multiplier location: supermarket, etc. I wouldn't mind a few bucks at 1x plat if the order runs slightly over, but my order is generally pretty modest.
yea. all sources of uber cash credit can be used. just set the payment form to amex plat/gold/green. living a discount or bonused GC lifestyle is an effective strategy in general. not just for uber but for all merchants that sells gift cards at grocery stores or staples. loading up on amazon GCs + gas pts is a great example. before you shop anywhere, you can always visit the grocery store that sell a massive array of GCs for bonus spend. however, there is value in real-time purchases without introducing an additional step before any purchase. thats why this change can be annoying.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
A couple of weeks ago Walmart.com was selling Ubereats gift cards at a 20% markdown. I got $100 for $80. I see they're now selling them for face value. Wonder if that was a mistake?

Anyhow, I can't get the EatsPass discount because I'm paying with that gift card credit. Will it still apply if you have the monthly $25 credit from the gold and platinum, and don't actually pay with the card, but have it as your secondary payment?
Old Apr 18, 2021, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by hotturnip
A couple of weeks ago Walmart.com was selling Ubereats gift cards at a 20% markdown. I got $100 for $80. I see they're now selling them for face value. Wonder if that was a mistake?

Anyhow, I can't get the EatsPass discount because I'm paying with that gift card credit. Will it still apply if you have the monthly $25 credit from the gold and platinum, and don't actually pay with the card, but have it as your secondary payment?
Uber GCs will come on sale sometimes (Uber/UberEats GCs are the same thing) -- that was a promo sale price (not a mistake)

The 5% Eats Pass discount on $15+ order should reduce the taxes/fees section during checkout

I'll add Uber GCs to my account balance as I get them on sale (have couple hundred in my account right now) -- when placing an UberEats order it'll automatically use Amex Plat credit first then Uber GC balance then charge my Amex card if it needs to
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 7:17 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Was it a glitch? I just placed and order and it allowed me to use the Uber Eats Pass discount with ApplePay (and I didn’t use an Amex)
Old Apr 23, 2021, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Was it a glitch? I just placed and order and it allowed me to use the Uber Eats Pass discount with ApplePay (and I didn’t use an Amex)
Same for me. I wasn't getting the discount a week ago if I used any card besides an enrolled AmEx. I just placed an order a few minutes ago with a Chase card and got the discount. Something's changed.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by dw
Originally Posted by Rhodey
Same for me. I wasn't getting the discount a week ago if I used any card besides an enrolled AmEx. I just placed an order a few minutes ago with a Chase card and got the discount. Something's changed.
im going to assume tons of people were pissed about the silent unannounced updated requirement. so it was rolled back. the changes probably had other unintended consequences. i have no idea what happens to accounts where you actually paid for the Uber EP vs Amex Plat/Gold/Green. I would guess some crap went down. i can def confirm that the UEP discount now applies regardless of which payment form. last week, you had to set as amex.
Adelphos likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
It seems like the requirement has been rolled back. Back to using Apple Pay and Apple Card for Uber Eats
Old Jul 15, 2021, 5:44 pm

They re-rolled it back. Now There is requirement to use Amex Card to get uber eat pass benefits.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by himurakent
They re-rolled it back. Now There is requirement to use Amex Card to get uber eat pass benefits.
I'm back in the US and the Eats Pass isn't working again. I give up ☹️
Old Jul 25, 2021, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I'm back in the US and the Eats Pass isn't working again. I give up ☹️
Originally Posted by himurakent
Originally Posted by Adelphos
It seems like the requirement has been rolled back. Back to using Apple Pay and Apple Card for Uber Eats
omg. i had just noticed this and came here to look at DPs. argh. cmon amex. looks like they had figured it out. now you must use certain amex cards. only plat/gold/green. i guess its time to buy uber GCs w/ bonus/discounts from various stores and load it up to uber eats without using amex to pay. altho amex gold at 4x isnt terrible. you just need to set amex as a backup payment even though the GC will cover everything.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yesterday, I placed an order for Ubereats delivery using a mix of Amex and regular Ubercredit. The 49-cent nuisance (delivery) fee was waived, as expected, but no 5% discount applied (over $25); looking at the fine print, it does mention "participating restaurants" only.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Question

My 12 months of Eats Pass will expire in late October. Since I don't have any plans this month for the $15 Uber Cash from Amex platinum, I'm wondering if it can be used to cover the Eats Pass fee. Any data points?

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.