Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone prefer the old Centurion card design over the new one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone prefer the old Centurion card design over the new one?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:49 am

I believe these 2 placeholders on the Amex's card vendor's website are for the 2 new designs/materials that I mentioned. Actually this image was the reason that started the rumours of a new Amex card between Platinum and Centurion. But it may well be that these are just the new designs of the Centurion card that will be offered as options to Centurion members.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:53 am

My Centurion card just in case you are wondering whether to believe a recently joined member :-)

Last edited by Fchishti; Sep 30, 2020 at 10:01 am
Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Fchishti
My Centurion card just in case you are wondering whether to believe a recently joined member :-)
Looks like the UK Centurion. Are you UK based Fchishti? If so, glad to see they are still issuing the same design here; I have always liked it and was somehow concerned when the design on ApplePay was changed (as I assumed it meant they were switching).
Old Oct 1, 2020, 8:38 am

I talked to my relationship manager about this quality and she acknowledged they have had lots of complaints.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by flying_pig
Looks like the UK Centurion. Are you UK based Fchishti? If so, glad to see they are still issuing the same design here; I have always liked it and was somehow concerned when the design on ApplePay was changed (as I assumed it meant they were switching).
I am in the Middle East
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:31 pm

You folks do not appreciate the $20 a month credit for streaming? Or the $20 cell phone credit? Sarcasm intended. Amex seems to think if you have money your stupid. Such a shame. Amex Centurion is equivalent of a tone deaf elephant.
AlEtRONt likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 3:55 pm

Programs: Amex mr, spg, delta, aeroplan
Originally Posted by Centurion
I agree with the OP. The new card does not make a great package opener like the old metal card. It does not scrap ice off my vehicle windshield like the old metal card. Heck I can not even use the new card as an emergency screwdriver anymore. The new card delaminates easy.
totally agree, I once used my old card to shack oysters open at the beach.
Tiramisu likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: Milage Pluss
Terrible

The new design is a piece of garbage. As others, Mine chips every couple of months. My most recent one, the entire back became un laminated. I have all my old cards. I put a lot lot lot of charges on them. Every one looks exactly new.
Centurion likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:38 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

@Lenidgman Lengerardo Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.