Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any good way to use 2M+ MR POINTS?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2020, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Any good way to use 2M+ MR POINTS?

I am running out of idea to use MR points. We've been getting $250K-350K MR points every month for awhile. Next year, it will go up to 500k per month.
Pre- Covid, we transferred them to emirates since we were flying 30 times a year
It usually cost us 450-500k for 2 rounds trips tickets in first class. We did 4-5 rounds each year between Asia and Europe.
The rest of flights we used mostly chase points for business class. We get about 1-1.5M Chase points every year.
We also have tons of BOA points where we use for non-chain hotels.

I am Titanium with Marriott and Diamond with Hilton.

Since April, we only stayed at hotel once and took no flights. We will probably have 20-30 nights more stay from now til end of the year.
Hilton points vouchers + Marriott points Voucher + Hyatt points will cover probably 2/3 of it and the rest we will use BOA points.
We will have no long haul flights til end of the year.

I know I can do 125% transfer to Charles schwab platinum, but I am looking for other options.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 6:54 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The answer is the same as in these threads:

Best non-air travel use for ~180k MR points?

How to use 155k MR points?

Transfer to airlines or Schwab. There is nothing else that returns more than $0.01/point.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Add me as an AU. Send them to me!
hhdl, 36902BRF and strickerj like this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Get some Tiffany gift cards and make someone very very happy! If you are looking for a recipient, I raise my hand.

I have a client who is in the same situation as you - they average about 950K MR points per month, sometimes much more - although not the best redemption rate, they do use their some of their points to obtain various gift cards which they use for gifting purposes or for charity donations. Both of his sons purchased their engagement rings from Tiffany's using gift cards obtained from MR points
Adelphos likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gnomie
Get some Tiffany gift cards and make someone very very happy! If you are looking for a recipient, I raise my hand.

I have a client who is in the same situation as you - they average about 950K MR points per month, sometimes much more - although not the best redemption rate, they do use their some of their points to obtain various gift cards which they use for gifting purposes or for charity donations. Both of his sons purchased their engagement rings from Tiffany's using gift cards obtained from MR points
lol...... That`s like 1 month too late........ I should've done that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.