Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Marriott Cards - 10x Bonvoy points on restaurants, Marriott, gas through October

Amex Marriott Cards - 10x Bonvoy points on restaurants, Marriott, gas through October

Old Aug 3, 20, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMEX Membership Rewards

https://about.americanexpress.com/al...-/default.aspx

This is one of the better deals so far this year - could get 100,000 points out of this easy
Old Aug 3, 20, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT, WN A List, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz 5*
Interesting. I was never sure how much of these offers are driven by Marriott versus the co-branded issuer (does Marriott give the points at a cheaper price to the issuer, etc.). I have a Chase Marriott one offering up to 35k at 10x for restaurants and gas through mid-Sep, but I don't know if there is something to come on the horizon. Since the date periods are so different, I don't see Chase being able to match anything until the Q4 period.

I mean, it is interesting to see hotel stays get the bonus offer points for purchase - that felt missing before.
Old Aug 3, 20, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by rasheed View Post
Interesting. I was never sure how much of these offers are driven by Marriott versus the co-branded issuer (does Marriott give the points at a cheaper price to the issuer, etc.). I have a Chase Marriott one offering up to 35k at 10x for restaurants and gas through mid-Sep, but I don't know if there is something to come on the horizon. Since the date periods are so different, I don't see Chase being able to match anything until the Q4 period.
Perhaps related to Amex and Chase purchasing tons of points from Marriott (and I think Hyatt):

https://onemileatatime.com/marriott-...sh-amex-chase/

I mean, it is interesting to see hotel stays get the bonus offer points for purchase - that felt missing before.
Just guessing, but perhaps the credit card issuers didn’t want to be perceived as encouraging/rewarding non-essential travel?
Old Aug 12, 20, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
https://about.americanexpress.com/al...-/default.aspx

This is one of the better deals so far this year - could get 100,000 points out of this easy
Agree, great offer. Note that each category is limited to $7500 in spending for the bonus over the usual earnings in case you are planning to go nuts.
Old Aug 14, 20, 10:10 pm

Edit: According to the terms and conditions, “Points received from this offer will be posted to your Marriott Bonvoy member account up to 12 weeks after the end of each month.“

Please keep in mind that you do have to enroll in EACH offer (gas and restaurants) separately in the Amex Offers section of the website.
mia likes this.

Last edited by bryanb; Aug 14, 20 at 10:16 pm Reason: Added details
Old Sep 4, 20, 9:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, DL PM
How long are these bonus points taking to post? Statement closed a couple of days ago and I got my ordinary points, but none from this promotion. Anyone have their bonus points post yet?
Old Sep 6, 20, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer View Post
How long are these bonus points taking to post? Statement closed a couple of days ago and I got my ordinary points, but none from this promotion. Anyone have their bonus points post yet?
I posted in the Marriott forum thread about the same promo, and there was another DP from someone else. Posts 45 and 47:

New Promo: Earn 10x pts. on eligible purchases with Marriott Bonvoy American Express

New Promo: Earn 10x pts. on eligible purchases with Marriott Bonvoy American Express
Old Sep 8, 20, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
I posted in the Marriott forum thread about the same promo, and there was another DP from someone else. Posts 45 and 47:

Thanks for the data points - this is concerning because I now see that I did get one "MAR BV AX GAS DIN MARRIOTT BON" which corresponds to Bonvoy hotel spend, but nothing for my U.S. Restaurant spending (which should be the bulk of the bonus spend for this statement). Even more confused now.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: