Maximise gold points via Plat Card (UK) : Possible?

Old Jul 28, 20, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam Silver, BA Bronze
Question Maximise gold points via Plat Card (UK) : Possible?

So here is the situation

I have a Platinum card that I mainly use for Business purposes, and my wife is an additional cardholder.

I have used all my Plat points on hotels/flight redemptions as that is the best value.. (Thanks Disney!)

Meanwhile, all of our domestic spend goes on the WIFES gold card, on which I am additional Cardholder.

My question is this: Is it possible to "get" our points out of the GOLD card account into any of
1) Hotels schemes where I have status via Plat (Radisson, Hilton, Marriott etc)
2) Airlines where I have status: KLM, BA,
3) Magically transferred over into my Plat account so I can take advantage of the "double" value currently being offered

I am wondering if I can either add the Mrs onto my hotel account (for example) then have HER transfer the points into "our" account or anything similar. I know she can set up her own account , but these don't come with any benefits.

Basically trying to use her points with MY benefits at the same time!!

Any ideas anyone>
Old Jul 28, 20, 8:45 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by dukesy View Post
.... possible to "get" our points out of the GOLD card account into any of
1) Hotels schemes where I have status via Plat (Radisson, Hilton, Marriott etc)
2) Airlines where I have status: KLM, BA,
Read about Hilton Points Pooling here: https://www.hilton.com/en/hilton-honors/terms/#pooling

Read about BA Household accounts here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...ehold-accounts

In both examples your wife would transfer Membership Rewards points to her own hotel or airline account, but you would be able to combine them with your own when redeeming.
Old Jul 28, 20, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam Silver, BA Bronze
That is EXACTLY the kind of advice I was looking for !!!

Thank you so much.. Might be able to make up for losing our Summer hols with a few nights away on amex!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: