Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refreshed AMEX Platinum in the future? Or Titanium?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2020, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Refreshed AMEX Platinum in the future? Or Titanium?

Now that there is widespread uncertainty on how cardholders will shop, travel and work, I'm wondering what is being discussed behind closed doors at AMEX...

To start, I think they will lower the AF back to 450, switch back to plastic (contactless) versions of the card, get rid of the Uber benefits and increase point transfer ratios to airlines/hotels (vs category bonuses such as 5x airlines). Basically going back to the card before the CSR hit the market.

Either that or introduce a re-purposed Titanium card that Plat cardholders can downgrade to. A new card that fits between Plat and Gold by bonusing streaming, groceries, gas etc and offering Amazon Prime. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Finance_underling; Jul 12, 2020 at 7:49 pm
Old Jul 12, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Just to note, there's already a thread speculating about a product bridging Plat and Centurion: SPECULATION: new USA card priced between Centurion & Platinum?

In the absence of actual news, perhaps the existing Plat general thread is better for further Plat discussion: American Express personal Platinum (USA) metal card
Zorak likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by gengar
Just to note, there's already a thread speculating about a product bridging Plat and Centurion: SPECULATION: new USA card priced between Centurion & Platinum?

In the absence of actual news, perhaps the existing Plat general thread is better for further Plat discussion: American Express personal Platinum (USA) metal card
Sounds good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.