FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Multiple of same card (blue business plus) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/2021422-multiple-same-card-blue-business-plus.html)

kchau Jul 11, 2020 7:57 pm

Multiple of same card (blue business plus)

I couldn’t find a solid answer on this. Has anyone opened two Blue Business Plus cards? I don’t care for the bonus, I just want another 50k to earn 2x.

Plumuser Jul 12, 2020 11:01 am

You should be able to. I have two Plum accounts.

bubu-SNA Jul 12, 2020 11:46 am

Use to be much easier in years past. I carried multiple biz Gold cards for the FedEx OPEN discount. AMEX has tightened lending standards so getting a duplicate of the same product while not impossible is more difficult. A separate tax ID to show that the product is being used for a "different" business is required.

For what its worth I'm in the same boat as you (wanted a 2nd biz blue plus for the 2x points) and had my wife open an account under her social as a sole prop biz. I suggest you take that route as the path of least resistance.

kchau Jul 12, 2020 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by bubu-SNA (Post 32526257)
Use to be much easier in years past. I carried multiple biz Gold cards for the FedEx OPEN discount. AMEX has tightened lending standards so getting a duplicate of the same product while not impossible is more difficult. A separate tax ID to show that the product is being used for a "different" business is required.

For what its worth I'm in the same boat as you (wanted a 2nd biz blue plus for the 2x points) and had my wife open an account under her social as a sole prop biz. I suggest you take that route as the path of least resistance.

Ok yeah that makes sense. Thanks for chiming in. I'll probably do that as well next year.

ralphs Sep 13, 2022 12:45 pm

I just got a second AmEx Blue Business Plus with the same Tax ID (for a bonafide small business). I have no idea why AmEx said yes, but they are the ones who actually offered it to me via popup when logging into my AmEx account that had a BBP as well as other AmEx business cards.

schistosomiasis Sep 15, 2022 11:09 pm

Same here, amex sent me a targeted offer from one of my multiple plat cards, spend $15,000 in one year for 75,000 points for a second amex biz blue card. I’m hoping for a third! I also have a legit business and spend organically on my amex cards.

ralphs Sep 18, 2022 3:45 am

Same. Any data posts for a third AmEx business card? I’d actually like another gold card so I can do another 150k of bonused advertising spend.

Dr Jabadski Sep 18, 2022 6:31 am

There are multiple reports on another thread here of multiple people having multiple Amex biz platinum and Amex biz gold accounts, up to five or six of each variety. Those datapoints are on the AmEx Targeted NLL thread. Don’t know if Amex’s largess in this regard extends to other types of cards and accounts and/or to non-targeted applications.