Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Plat: two of yesterday's charges already posted

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Amex Plat: two of yesterday's charges already posted

Yesterday I charged two purchases at a jewelry store in Raleigh NC. To my surprise, they already posted this morning. I can't think of charges posting this quickly before in any other category. I don't think it's related to the amounts because I've had charges around those numbers take 2-3 days to post in the past, including last week.

But, this is the first time (since I got the card in 2014) that I bought jewelry with this card.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 11:40 am

Is your statement cycle about to close? I have noticed they settle larger charges faster if they are at the very end of the statement cycle. It's probably a tool to limit financial exposure.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by nyc2cal
Is your statement cycle about to close? I have noticed they settle larger charges faster if they are at the very end of the statement cycle. It's probably a tool to limit financial exposure.
No, in fact I am almost exactly in the middle of the billing cycle (last statement is from June 14th).
Old Jun 28, 2020, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
IME it depends on the merchant. Things rarely post by next day, but occasionally they will. I had a Biz Plat transaction via Google pay post the next day this week. Not that it really matters to me.
mia and drjeffrock like this.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 3:51 pm

It depends on when the merchant batches/settles out transactions. Most merchants just auto-batch at night, between 10pm and 12am, but some merchants want the $$$ asap and settle immediately after processing the transaction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.