Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex personal savings account offer - 25k MR points for a $25k deposit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex personal savings account offer - 25k MR points for a $25k deposit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2020, 11:58 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mia
Note that the APY has been reduced from 1.15% to 1.00%.
/nod I got an email notification to this effect this morning. The rate on my Capital One account is also 1% now (don't know when that happened but assume recently as well)
Old Jun 26, 2020, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
yeah, tough to get more anywhere right now for short-term money parking.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 9:20 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by mia
It's unfortunate but I don't see much better right now, and presumably when interest rates eventually tick back up, Amex will increase the rate on this product as well (perhaps not quite as quickly as some competitors do, but at some pace). And of course for a $25k deposit the MR points are worth at least another 1% return (theoretically more if you consider it on an annualized basis, but I'm thinking of it as a 1-year bonus and planning to leave the money in for a full 12 months).
Old Jul 24, 2020, 6:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
There is now a primitive way to link your card accounts with your savings account. I normally login to americanexpress.com using an Incognito browser window, and I was not able to establish the link. However, when I tried using a standard browser window the process worked on the first attempt. To try it, login to americanexpress.com , click the box in the upper righthand corner, navigate to the very bottom of the list of card accounts, where the bank account is listed. You will then be prompted to login to the bank account. In my experience, the password saved in the browser was rejected. I had to retype it. I received an email confirming that the accounts are linked.

I am not always able to navigate from the card side to the bank side. Starting the session on the bank side seems more reliable.

The bank account is a joint relationship, but to now I have only been able to establish the link to one person's card accounts.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:20 pm
BCH

Has anyone gotten their bonus 25,000 MR posted? It's been more than 90 days for me since I accepted the offer. so eager to see the points post.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 6:56 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by BCH
Has anyone gotten their bonus 25,000 MR posted? It's been more than 90 days for me since I accepted the offer. so eager to see the points post.
My original email T&Cs suggested that the 90 days started from July 18, regardless of whether you deposited money sooner, and that the 90 days thus ended on October 16:

25,000 Membership Rewards points will be credited to your account within 8-12 weeks after you, as the primary account holder, deposit a total of $25,000 (the "Threshold Amount") or more of new money (not transferred from an existing Personal Savings account) into your AmericanExpress Personal Savings account by July 18, 2020 and hold those funds in your account through October 16, 2020. Our obligation to credit your account is also contingent on you not engaging in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with this offer in any way, as described below.
So I'm not expecting anything for another few weeks at least. Amex also gives themselves the usual 8-12 week grace period, although in my experience with MR sign-up bonuses on cards in the past I've never had to wait nearly that long, but I don't know if the same will be true for this product.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 8:22 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Somewhat surprised this evening when I downloaded transactions in Quicken and it automatically picked up transactions from this account too (until now I've had to download them manually)

Still no bonus points yet though (not surprising if the 8-12 weeks starts from tomorrow)
Old Oct 21, 2020, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
My original email T&Cs suggested that the 90 days started from July 18, regardless of whether you deposited money sooner, and that the 90 days thus ended on October 16:

So I'm not expecting anything for another few weeks at least. Amex also gives themselves the usual 8-12 week grace period, although in my experience with MR sign-up bonuses on cards in the past I've never had to wait nearly that long, but I don't know if the same will be true for this product.
Actually, if you read it closely, the 8-12 weeks appear to commence at the conclusion of the final 90-day period:

25,000 Membership Rewards points will be credited to your account within 8-12 weeks after you . . . deposit a total of $25,000 . . . by July 18, 2020 and hold those funds in your account through October 16, 2020.
FWIW, I called and asked about it, as we're now 12 weeks beyond July 18, and the CSR advised that the MR will post consistent with the above interpretation.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i might do it, but never got such an email, oh well
Old Oct 30, 2020, 3:17 pm
BCH

Still no points posted. Maybe it's 8-12 weeks after the 8-12weeks after October 16th, which was itself 16 weeks after I fulfilled all the other requirements of the offer?
Old Oct 30, 2020, 3:23 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by BCH
Still no points posted. Maybe it's 8-12 weeks after the 8-12weeks after October 16th, which was itself 16 weeks after I fulfilled all the other requirements of the offer?
The offer required you to keep the money in your account until Oct 16, so you definitely only completed the requirements of the offer then (2 weeks ago), much as credit card sign-up bonuses are typically only completed after making a certain amount of spend. So yes, there could still be up to 6-10 weeks to go.

I haven't seen anything come through yet either, in any case. My best guess as to when it might is when my Platinum card statement next closes in mid-November, as my original offer email was tied to that card account (and I haven't had a Platinum card statement since my designated 90-day window ended) -- that's just a guess, but my savings account statement date passed a few days ago with no sign of the points, and Amex usually does things tied to some statement close date (and doesn't usually actually make people wait for the full grace period their T&Cs always give themselves).
Old Nov 15, 2020, 11:55 pm

I noticed that it's now possible to link the savings account login to your credit card login -- was switching from one CC to another when I noticed the savings account also appeared in the list. Clicking on it led to the usual login screen, but after verifying via a text code, they are now linked and I can navigate from one to the other without having to login separately.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 8:02 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by bgriff
The offer required you to keep the money in your account until Oct 16, so you definitely only completed the requirements of the offer then (2 weeks ago), much as credit card sign-up bonuses are typically only completed after making a certain amount of spend. So yes, there could still be up to 6-10 weeks to go.

I haven't seen anything come through yet either, in any case. My best guess as to when it might is when my Platinum card statement next closes in mid-November, as my original offer email was tied to that card account (and I haven't had a Platinum card statement since my designated 90-day window ended) -- that's just a guess, but my savings account statement date passed a few days ago with no sign of the points, and Amex usually does things tied to some statement close date (and doesn't usually actually make people wait for the full grace period their T&Cs always give themselves).
Well, my prediction proved wrong, no sign of the 25K points yet. But I did recently get credited 10K MR points from a "turn on pay over time" offer on one of my other cards, that I had activated about 6 weeks ago, so perhaps the savings account MR points will arrive around 6 weeks after the Oct 16 deadline.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:28 pm
BCH

Anyone with a success story of the points posting?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 6:35 am

Points posting

I had called a while ago and was informed that the points will not post until early January 2021.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.