Search

UK amex plat referral link not working!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2020, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Amex UK referral bonus not posted

I referred two family members from my Business Platinum card. They took out a Platinum cash back card each which they have now held for over 2 months. The points failed to post at my end so spoke with Amex they are saying that they did not use the link. They used the link I saw them use it. Since then I have referred two others and those have failed to post either. Each time I have generated a new link from my account.

Amex UK Saying they can't do anything at all. Can anyone advise as its a almost 72k MR points which they owe me.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 11:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
.... They used the link I saw them ...
It's best to apply using an Incognito or Private browser window so that the application isn't muddled by cookies from previous visits to the American Express website.

Alas, I have no ideas for persuading American Express to award a bonus if their system does not show that the referral link was used.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:40 am

UK amex plat referral link not working!

Hubby was trying to refer me for Amex Plat (UK). However, the link in both direct and email did not seem to work. This is the error message: "Sorry, there was an error in accessing the application. Please try again using the link provided in your original offer." Does anyone know why this should be so? Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2020, 10:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Do I understand correctly that your husband was able to generate a referral link, but when you use that link it does not load an application? Have you tried loading the link with a Private or Incognito browser window, or in another browser that you have not used to access the American Express site?
A1pax likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by mia
Do I understand correctly that your husband was able to generate a referral link, but when you use that link it does not load an application? Have you tried loading the link with a Private or Incognito browser window, or in another browser that you have not used to access the American Express site?
Thanks, mia, for your quick reply and the technical help! Yes, hubby was able to generate a referral link, but when I tried to use it, it did not work. As you have suggested, I have used another browser which I have not used to access Amex site, and it worked

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.