Amex CANADA COVID-19 temporary bonuses

Old May 15, 2020, 3:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Amex CANADA COVID-19 temporary bonuses

Since the "Amex Card COVID-19 temporary bonuses" thread seems to be exclusively dedicated to US Amex, I thought i'd make a new thread dedicated to offers from Amex Canada.

I got the below email from amex today. My cobalt card gets me 6 bonvoy points per $ on these same purchases so this will only be of use to me if i hit that $30k ceiling on that category spend this membership year.

Hello Ben Senise,

With travel on pause and every day expenses adding up, we understand that the way you use your Card may have changed, and we want to help you get the most value out of your Membership in the areas that matter most right now.

YOU CAN NOW EARN
5 MARRIOTT BONVOY™ POINTS FOR EVERY $1 IN ELIGIBLE PURCHASES ON GROCERIES, FOOD DELIVERY AND TAKEOUT.ą

From May 15, 2020 to August 31, 2020.

That’s an additional 3 points per $1, up to a maximum
30,000 bonus points.ą

And remember, you still earn the following on your Card:
  • 5 points for every $1 in eligible Card purchases at Marriott Bonvoy properties˛
  • 2 points for every $1 in all other Card purchases˛
That’s why we’re introducing a limited time offer so that you
can continue to experience the value of your Marriott Bonvoy™
American Express® Card during this time.
Old May 16, 2020, 12:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Too bad they don't sell VGCs with PIN in Canada that function as debit... Or do they?
Old May 16, 2020, 6:01 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I got an e-mail a few days ago about upcoming offers for my business platinum:
- $100 statement credit on renewal; and
- $680 in statement credits with purchases made at select electronics, wireless and shipping merchants, starting May 28 (which sounds like what they are offering in the US).

I look forward to seeing the details.
Old May 19, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC 25k, A3 *G, BA, Westjet Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum
My Bonvoy card is now 5 points for eligible purchases of groceries, food delivery and takeout, an extra 3 points per dollar spend. This is up to Aug 31. Better than nothing I guess.
Old May 28, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
The $680 Amex offers for business platinum include:
- Fedex $45 statement credit x 6 = $270
- Dell $250 credit (minimum $250 purchase)
- Mobile providers $40 credit x 4 = $160

I switched my cell phone bill auto payment to amex to take advantage of this and will definitely buy something from Dell. We just got new computers, but maybe some accessories like portable chargers. I likely won't use all of the fedex credit, but overall, this is a pretty good deal.
Old May 28, 2020, 12:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Personal Platinum Card:

Double Rewards: Double the points. Double the value. Until July 20, 2020, earn double Membership Rewards points on all eligible spend. If you choose to pay (or partially pay) for any purchase charged to your Card with points through the Use Points for Purchases program, you’ll enjoy twice the value.
Old May 28, 2020, 12:10 pm

Business Platinum Card:

As a special thank you for being a Business Platinum Card® Member, we're giving you a $100 business credit, which will be applied to your Business Platinum Card® account following your renewal. Plus, explore more ways we're supporting you in 2020. Terms apply.
Learn More
Old May 28, 2020, 11:31 pm

Be careful about T&C where it says only purchases through dell.ca/amex will qualify. That URL only shows limited business products. I am aiming for consumer headset so will wait for more DP before pulling the trigger.
Old May 29, 2020, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by tonywush
Be careful about T&C where it says only purchases through dell.ca/amex will qualify. That URL only shows limited business products. I am aiming for consumer headset so will wait for more DP before pulling the trigger.
or call the Dell toll free number listed on the page and talk to a designated person to see if there are other items that qualify?
Old Jun 5, 2020, 3:36 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
I got this e-mail today on my personal Plat card. Pretty sweet promo! $250 in free food!

----
Earn up to $250 for groceries and online food delivery purchases

From June 4, 2020 to August 27, 2020, when you spend up to $250 (CAD) in qualifying purchases with your registered Platinum Card ending in XXXXX online or in-store at participating Sobeys, Metro, Longo’s (including Grocery Gateway) and Save-On-Foods locations in Canada, you can earn up to $250 (CAD) in statement credits.ą

In these times, food delivery can be a much-needed service. You can also use your registered Card with Uber Eats during the offer period to earn statement credits.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 9:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Bonvoy Biz Amex 3X the points on electronics & office supplies

according to Rewards Canada, the Business Amex Bonvoy will get 3x 3 points/$ on electronics and office supplies until August 31, 2020.
i think that should mean 6 points per dollar rather than the normal 2 even though the RC website says 3 points.

Rewards Canada: Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express sees limited time increase in points for office supply & electronic purchases

EDIT: it turn out that it's 3 points per $, not 3x the points.

Last edited by BenSenise; Jun 11, 2020 at 6:16 pm Reason: update info
Old Jun 20, 2020, 2:02 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Toronto1970
I got this e-mail today on my personal Plat card. Pretty sweet promo! $250 in free food!

----
Earn up to $250 for groceries and online food delivery purchases

From June 4, 2020 to August 27, 2020, when you spend up to $250 (CAD) in qualifying purchases with your registered Platinum Card ending in XXXXX online or in-store at participating Sobeys, Metro, Longo’s (including Grocery Gateway) and Save-On-Foods locations in Canada, you can earn up to $250 (CAD) in statement credits.ą

In these times, food delivery can be a much-needed service. You can also use your registered Card with Uber Eats during the offer period to earn statement credits.
This has been a very easy promo- purchase; approx 1 week later, purchase price 'credited'. LIKE!
Old Jul 22, 2020, 8:40 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canolakid
This has been a very easy promo- purchase; approx 1 week later, purchase price 'credited'. LIKE!
Mine was even quicker, it only took three days.

For those who haven't yet taken advantage, note that while they're not explicitly listed by Amex, other Sobey's banners (Safeway etc) also qualify. Good for those of us out west where there are many of those but not many Sobey's.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 8:36 pm

Im in the states so I cant physically go to any of these stores. Was going to buy nicorrette or 60kg of coffee online shipped to a relatives house, but looks like Metro only ships to the Toronto area.

Any other solutions to meet the $250 credit statment? It expires 8/27/2020

​​​​​​​
DETAILS Register your Platinum Card and shop online or in-store at participating Sobeys, Metro, Longo’s (including Grocery Gateway), Save-On-Foods locations in Canada and with Uber Eats and receive up to $250 in statement credits by 27/08/2020. Terms apply.

View Participating Locations

OFFER TERMS
Only Basic Platinum Cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer. The registered Card account must be in good standing. Must first register your Card to the offer and use same Card to make qualifying purchase(s) by 27/08/2020. Date format is DD/MM/YYYY. A purchase made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible Card in this program is not a qualifying purchase. Your registration of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to qualifying purchases on that Card. From 04/06/2020 until 27/08/2020, when you make qualifying purchases with your registered card in-store, on the merchant mobile application (if applicable), or online at participating locations of Sobeys, Metro, Longo’s (including Grocery Gateway), Save-On-Foods, and Uber Eats, (click here for a list of merchant websites) you can get a statement credit equal to the amount of the purchase transaction after taxes and applicable fees, up to a maximum of $250 (CAD) in statement credits, during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account. Subject to Amex acceptance. In the case of an online purchase made during the offer period, it may not qualify if the registered Card is charged on the shipping/delivery date and that date occurs after the offer ends. Delivery of purchase(s) is only available within Canada. Some purchases may not qualify for a statement credit equal to the purchase amount if the maximum of $250 (CAD) in statement credits will be exceeded. This may result in a statement credit being issued for an amount less than the purchase. Purchases made with supplementary cards are not qualifying purchases. Offer valid in-store, on the merchant mobile application (if applicable), and online at participating locations that accept American Express. Any purchases not made directly with an eligible merchant are excluded including but not limited to purchases of gift cards, oil, gas, fuel, protection plans, service plans, insurance plans, financial services, technology services, postal services, lottery services, floral services, wine, liquor and alcohol purchases, and medical or pharmacy services. Online purchases not available at all participating merchants. For participating grocery merchants that offer online shopping, check your store location to see if they offer delivery services in your area. Offer is non-transferable. You can earn a maximum of $250 (CAD) in statement credit/s per registered Card during the offer period. Statement credit will be applied to your registered Card account within 90 days after 27/08/2020, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase(s). Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase(s) is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. Unless expressly stated otherwise in the offer, the following transactions are not qualifying purchases for this offer: purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, such as through concession stores in department stores, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, online aggregators that sell goods of other merchants or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified. A statement credit does not constitute a payment and does not satisfy the requirement to pay the minimum due on a credit card. The Basic/Primary Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement applicable to their registered Card.
In the event that you replace your registered Card through Amex Bank of Canada or other participating American Express card issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this offer will end and you will need to re-register for this offer. For full terms that apply to registering your Card in the program, see Program Terms.

Last edited by mia; Aug 26, 2020 at 8:46 pm
Old Aug 26, 2020, 8:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
See also this thread which I recall has some discussion of the $250 offer: Amex Canada - no goodwill gestures due to COVID

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.