Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Only getting “Request Upgrade” for Platinum while logged in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2020, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

I currently have an Amex Gold and a couple of Hilton Amex cards. I was thinking of getting the Platinum. (I have had it in the past, and my current Gold is actually a downgrade from Platinum made several years ago.)

While I am logged in, I am only given the option to “Request Upgrade” to Platinum from Gold. I want to retain my Gold. Is my only option to apply while logged out? I understand I will likely not get the signup bonus because I have had Platinum previously.
Old May 6, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Just apply in incognito.
Or maybe you can try to get the Schwab or MS version of the Platinum card by having an account with them -- if you haven't got that 60k bonus before!
Old May 6, 2020, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimmielin
Just apply in incognito.
Or maybe you can try to get the Schwab or MS version of the Platinum card by having an account with them -- if you haven't got that 60k bonus before!
Will do. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.