Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2020, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Enigma368
AMEX COVID-19 BONUS EXPERIENCE WIKI

Doctor of Credit database of services that work/don’t work for credits: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-benefits-workshop-which-merchants-code-for-streaming-wireless-shipping-credits-sortable-table

Please add services that have worked, or NOT worked, for you, along with any relevant notes. See the bottom of the wiki for information on what's supposed to be covered, per the Amex website.
Program T&Cs: https://about.americanexpress.com/si...n-TCs-FAQs.pdf

Wireless Phone Services (see below for rules)
  • WORKED
    • AT&T Prepaid - post 269
    • Greatcall - autopay, posted as WWW.GREATCALL.COM
    • T-Mobile Prepaid - post 265
    • Verizon Wireless Prepaid - posted as VZW PREPAID INTERNET OT
    • Visible - hardware purchase and monthly bill - both posted as VISIBLE LONE TREE
    • Google Fi - posted as wireless credit for many after May 22 (see posts from #385 onwards)
    • ACN Flash wireless - autopay, posted as ACN Flash wireless. Credit posted 24 hours after charge posted.
  • DID NOT WORK
    • xxx
  • YMMV
    • Google Fi - posted as streaming for some (plat - "GOOGLE *GOOGLE FI G.CO/HELPPAY# CA", pay.google.com, additional information shows "GAMES"); no credit on green (additional information shows "Axxxxxxx SELLER"). Not clear if this was a temporary miscoding since it posted as Wireless for several after May 22. UPDATE: GOOGLE FI still sometimes posts as streaming credit. Worked for me on September 14th 2020. Had already used the $20 wireless credit and paid another $20 go Google FI and it was refunded as streaming credit. My experience is that it works 50% of the time.
Streaming Services (see below for officially covered services)
  • WORKED
    • Amazon Music Unlimited - posted as AMAZON MUSIC
    • Amazon Kindle
    • Apple iCloud data storage - reimbursed as streaming subscription
    • Audible
    • Spotify
    • Disney Plus - posted as DISNEY PLUS ECOM
    • Netflix - posted as NETFLIX.COM
    • YouTube - movie rental, directly through YouTube
    • HBOMax
    • Google Play credits (only if purchased in Android Play app)
    • Google Play "In-Game Purchases" billed through google play
    • Google Domain Services
    • Sirius XM Annual Subscription
  • DID NOT WORK
    • Criterion Channel
  • YMMV
    • xxx
Shipping Services (Business Platinum)
  • WORKED
    • USPS.com - Forever Stamps 5/27/2020
    • USPS.com - gift shop.. toy trucks, etc 5/27/2020
    • UPS - Campusship label generated and scanned into UPS stream 5/22/2020 (have not yet tested label generated but not scanned into stream)
  • DID NOT WORK
    • xxx
  • YMMV
    • xxx

Wireless Credit Rules, Per Amex Website (https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r...fo/retail.html)
To earn additional rewards, the purchase must be for monthly wireless telephone service charges and made directly from a wireless telephone service provider in the United States.

The following types of purchases are NOT included for additional Wireless rewards:
  • Purchases from authorized retailers, resellers or third party sellers
  • Purchases for hardware (e.g phones and accessories) or repair services
  • Bundled services offered by Wireless companies for TV, Internet and VoIP
  • VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) services
Examples of merchants that accept the Card and where you can earn additional rewards for Wireless services include:
  • AT&T
  • Sprint
  • T-Mobile
  • Verizon
*This is not a complete list.

Examples of merchants where you will NOT earn additional rewards include:
  • Authorized retailers or resellers (e.g. Spring Communications, Wireless Zone)
  • Superstores (e.g. Wal-Mart, and Target)
  • Electronics stores (e.g. Best Buy, Staples)
Streaming Services Covered, Per Amex Website (https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r...fo/retail.html)
  • Amazon Music Unlimited
  • Apple Music
  • Apple TV+
  • AT&T Now
  • Audible
  • CBS All Access
  • Disney+
  • ESPN+
  • Fubo TV
  • HBO Max
  • HBO Now
  • Hulu
  • iHeartRadio
  • Kindle Unlimited
  • Luminary
  • MLB.TV
  • NBA League Pass
  • Netflix
  • NHL.TV
  • Pandora
  • Prime Video
  • Showtime
  • Sling TV
  • SiriusXM Streaming and Satellite
  • Spotify
  • Stitcher
  • YouTube Music Premium
  • YouTube Premium
  • YouTube TV

Print Wikipost

Amex USA COVID-19 temporary bonuses

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2020, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
How often do people damage/lose their phones that that insurance is even a consideration? I have had smartphones since the original Handspring Treo and never damaged or lost one.
Frequently enough that I really wish I had a credit card that covered it. I self insure at this point by not buying phones that cost more than $200. lol
Old May 26, 2020, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Anyone have DP for movie rentals on youtube?

Last edited by UA Fan; May 26, 2020 at 5:05 pm
Old May 26, 2020, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
How often do people damage/lose their phones that that insurance is even a consideration? I have had smartphones since the original Handspring Treo and never damaged or lost one.
I’ve had a couple water-damaged phones. One (pre-smartphone) was from sitting through a football game in the rain with my phone in my pocket. I also destroyed one while tubing the river when I placed it in a zipper pocket of my swimsuit that I thought was out of the water but actually wasn’t. In that case, the Chase insurance covered all but the $100 deductible.

As I mentioned in a previous post, for me it’s just my phone and my wife’s so I’m ok self-insuring to get the discount. However, if I had teenagers on my account I might think twice about it.
Old May 26, 2020, 6:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Huzzah! (Manual payment at payments.google.com)

Old May 26, 2020, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by lkar
As I mentioned in a previous post, for me it’s just my phone and my wife’s so I’m ok self-insuring to get the discount. However, if I had teenagers on my account I might think twice about it.
Oh, the teenagers in our extended family are serial smartphone destroyers. If they were mine, they would be buying their own replacement phones. Teachable moments :/

Anyway, none of my cards provides cellphone coverage (to the best of my knowledge), and it was never a factor in choosing one, and so I didn’t have to wonder whether $20/month for seven months is worth more that the risk of breaking/losing my phone.
Old May 27, 2020, 4:26 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by lax01
Well, 2 weeks went by since my bundled AT&T Uverse and AT&T Wireless bill pay posted - used the chat and asked them to manually apply the credit.
he CSR asked questions and then finally asked if it was a bundled charge - I said yes - he said they are not eligible for the credit. I said that's a bad policy and the previous rep said that a charge could be manually applied. Was there anything he could do? He said he could apply an one-time courtesy $20 credit.

Painful - not doing that every month - annoying
I did that today. The first guy said I had to wait but it was covered. I said the other 2 streaming credits and my $5.50 google fi credit posted within one or two days. The supervisor gave me the $14.50. I figure my hourly rate for doing this was about 26 bucks an hour.
lax01 likes this.
Old May 27, 2020, 7:06 pm

Shipping Credit Question: UPS Campusship

On the Biz Plat $20/mo shipping credit... I've got a UPS Campusship account - negotiated rates... but I'm not shipping a lot right now... I'm wondering, after I've stocked up on Forever stamps, if people know if I generate labels to places I know I'm going to need to send stuff, if the payment authorization that is made to my card (I know the authorization hits when you generate the later) falls off if not actually scanned into the UPS stream within a few days or if the authorization converts to a charge like anything else, shipped or not... I've never actually generated a label to "hold on to" for a while before...
Old May 27, 2020, 8:14 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club, ANA Super Flyers
For our expats here, I tried using my Plat to renew my monthly Netflix JP membership at the start of this month. About 3 weeks have passed with no credit, unfortunately. I assume it's because I'm being billed through Netflix's Japanese subsidiary (Netflix KK) and not their American one, which means that it doesn't qualify as a "US" streaming purchase.
Old May 27, 2020, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by levilevi
On the Biz Plat $20/mo shipping credit... I've got a UPS Campusship account - negotiated rates... but I'm not shipping a lot right now... I'm wondering, after I've stocked up on Forever stamps, if people know if I generate labels to places I know I'm going to need to send stuff, if the payment authorization that is made to my card (I know the authorization hits when you generate the later) falls off if not actually scanned into the UPS stream within a few days or if the authorization converts to a charge like anything else, shipped or not... I've never actually generated a label to "hold on to" for a while before...
My experience with FedEx is that they bill you when the label is scanned into the system. But I don't have experience with UPS
Old May 27, 2020, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by UA Fan
bump.
Old May 28, 2020, 12:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
bump.
I did a thread search for 'YouTube":

Originally Posted by blaz
I can confirm that renting a movie through YouTube works for the Platinum streaming credit, I have received the credit today for a movie I watched on Sunday. Make sure you rent directly on the YouTube web site, because doing it through the iPhone app will bill through iTunes, which I think will not trigger the credit.
Old May 28, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
I was reading this thread, and thought "I wish this had a wiki." So, I made one! I haven't added anything on the Biz Plat offers, since I don't have one, but I put in my experiences, along with some other data from the thread, along with links to the official policies for the streaming and wireless credits.
mia, notquiteaff, IMH and 5 others like this.
Old May 28, 2020, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
I was reading this thread, and thought "I wish this had a wiki." So, I made one!
Thanks, excellent work. It will hopefully be helpful to many. I added some data about Google Fi, HBOMax and Google Play.
Old May 28, 2020, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
I was reading this thread, and thought "I wish this had a wiki." So, I made one! I haven't added anything on the Biz Plat offers, since I don't have one, but I put in my experiences, along with some other data from the thread, along with links to the official policies for the streaming and wireless credits.
DOC has a pretty comprehensive table that is still being updated here: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-...sortable-table
Old May 28, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lax01
DOC has a pretty comprehensive table that is still being updated here: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-...sortable-table
Exactly, no sense reinventing the wheel here

Regards
lax01 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.