Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2020, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Enigma368
AMEX COVID-19 BONUS EXPERIENCE WIKI

Doctor of Credit database of services that work/don’t work for credits: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-benefits-workshop-which-merchants-code-for-streaming-wireless-shipping-credits-sortable-table

Please add services that have worked, or NOT worked, for you, along with any relevant notes. See the bottom of the wiki for information on what's supposed to be covered, per the Amex website.
Program T&Cs: https://about.americanexpress.com/si...n-TCs-FAQs.pdf

Wireless Phone Services (see below for rules)
  • WORKED
    • AT&T Prepaid - post 269
    • Greatcall - autopay, posted as WWW.GREATCALL.COM
    • T-Mobile Prepaid - post 265
    • Verizon Wireless Prepaid - posted as VZW PREPAID INTERNET OT
    • Visible - hardware purchase and monthly bill - both posted as VISIBLE LONE TREE
    • Google Fi - posted as wireless credit for many after May 22 (see posts from #385 onwards)
    • ACN Flash wireless - autopay, posted as ACN Flash wireless. Credit posted 24 hours after charge posted.
  • DID NOT WORK
    • xxx
  • YMMV
    • Google Fi - posted as streaming for some (plat - "GOOGLE *GOOGLE FI G.CO/HELPPAY# CA", pay.google.com, additional information shows "GAMES"); no credit on green (additional information shows "Axxxxxxx SELLER"). Not clear if this was a temporary miscoding since it posted as Wireless for several after May 22. UPDATE: GOOGLE FI still sometimes posts as streaming credit. Worked for me on September 14th 2020. Had already used the $20 wireless credit and paid another $20 go Google FI and it was refunded as streaming credit. My experience is that it works 50% of the time.
Streaming Services (see below for officially covered services)
  • WORKED
    • Amazon Music Unlimited - posted as AMAZON MUSIC
    • Amazon Kindle
    • Apple iCloud data storage - reimbursed as streaming subscription
    • Audible
    • Spotify
    • Disney Plus - posted as DISNEY PLUS ECOM
    • Netflix - posted as NETFLIX.COM
    • YouTube - movie rental, directly through YouTube
    • HBOMax
    • Google Play credits (only if purchased in Android Play app)
    • Google Play "In-Game Purchases" billed through google play
    • Google Domain Services
    • Sirius XM Annual Subscription
  • DID NOT WORK
    • Criterion Channel
  • YMMV
    • xxx
Shipping Services (Business Platinum)
  • WORKED
    • USPS.com - Forever Stamps 5/27/2020
    • USPS.com - gift shop.. toy trucks, etc 5/27/2020
    • UPS - Campusship label generated and scanned into UPS stream 5/22/2020 (have not yet tested label generated but not scanned into stream)
  • DID NOT WORK
    • xxx
  • YMMV
    • xxx

Wireless Credit Rules, Per Amex Website (https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r...fo/retail.html)
To earn additional rewards, the purchase must be for monthly wireless telephone service charges and made directly from a wireless telephone service provider in the United States.

The following types of purchases are NOT included for additional Wireless rewards:
  • Purchases from authorized retailers, resellers or third party sellers
  • Purchases for hardware (e.g phones and accessories) or repair services
  • Bundled services offered by Wireless companies for TV, Internet and VoIP
  • VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) services
Examples of merchants that accept the Card and where you can earn additional rewards for Wireless services include:
  • AT&T
  • Sprint
  • T-Mobile
  • Verizon
*This is not a complete list.

Examples of merchants where you will NOT earn additional rewards include:
  • Authorized retailers or resellers (e.g. Spring Communications, Wireless Zone)
  • Superstores (e.g. Wal-Mart, and Target)
  • Electronics stores (e.g. Best Buy, Staples)
Streaming Services Covered, Per Amex Website (https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r...fo/retail.html)
  • Amazon Music Unlimited
  • Apple Music
  • Apple TV+
  • AT&T Now
  • Audible
  • CBS All Access
  • Disney+
  • ESPN+
  • Fubo TV
  • HBO Max
  • HBO Now
  • Hulu
  • iHeartRadio
  • Kindle Unlimited
  • Luminary
  • MLB.TV
  • NBA League Pass
  • Netflix
  • NHL.TV
  • Pandora
  • Prime Video
  • Showtime
  • Sling TV
  • SiriusXM Streaming and Satellite
  • Spotify
  • Stitcher
  • YouTube Music Premium
  • YouTube Premium
  • YouTube TV

Print Wikipost

Amex USA COVID-19 temporary bonuses

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2020, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
A poster on reddit said that their Google Fi charge triggered the streaming credit, as opposed to the wireless credit. Anybody here have a Google Fi charge yet?
Old May 8, 2020, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I read somewhere AT&T prepaid was credited. My TMobile Prepaid is listed as VESTA TMOBILE OR. Yours should be paid. Mine took four days. Now waiting for my Saks credit😃
Originally Posted by Sente
Yes, I made a payment on AT&T Prepaid on 5/4 and received the credit on 5/7.
Thanks for the confirmations!

I looked up VESTA and apparently they are just a payment processor. I had always wondered what the VESTA label was all about. I looked it up after seeing that tmobile prepaid had the "VESTA" label going on as well (I saw a post about it earlier in the thread).
Old May 8, 2020, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by JL100
I have AT&T internet and wireless bundled and after 7 days no credit. I don't think it's going to count and not sure how to make it count or if Amex will make a manual exception. I have no way to pay just the wireless that I know of, I guess I could separate the accounts?
Don't know if AT&T will separate the accounts - I know they will combine them as I just did that and it takes a statement period to complete

Have you tried chatting to see if they will manually extended the credit? I was going to try that if it didn't post for mine
Old May 8, 2020, 10:50 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Just got the $200 “upon renewal” travel credit bonus. Unfortunately that isn’t until November 1 for me, I asked Amex and they confirmed the credit isn’t available until that date. But oh well, the Plat is still free for me due to SCRA. I’ll patiently wait
Old May 8, 2020, 10:50 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
A poster on reddit said that their Google Fi charge triggered the streaming credit, as opposed to the wireless credit. Anybody here have a Google Fi charge yet?
Charged 5/1 Amex Green, posted 5/2, no credit.
Charged 5/4 Amex Plat, posted 5/5, credited as streaming for 5/8. Bummer. I had use for the other $20 -- I will have to call Amex and get that fixed if that is even possible! Wouldn't want to miss out on the $10 on the Green and $20 on the Plat.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 10:51 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
deleted
Old May 8, 2020, 10:53 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by JL100
I have AT&T internet and wireless bundled and after 7 days no credit. I don't think it's going to count and not sure how to make it count or if Amex will make a manual exception. I have no way to pay just the wireless that I know of, I guess I could separate the accounts?
​​​​​​I am in the same position. When I changed my automatic payment to my platinum card I received a confirmation email from Att stating referencing that the payments were for "Service Type: Wireless, Internet, Phone and DirecTV". If it doesn't post then it is worth a call.
Old May 8, 2020, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jimmielin
Charged 5/1 Amex Green, posted 5/2, no credit.
Charged 5/4 Amex Plat, posted 5/5, credited as streaming for 5/8. Bummer..
Cool, thanks for verifying. I realize that I may be in the minority, but I'm actually happy with this. Means I can max the streaming with my Google Fi bill, and then max the wireless using my Mom's AT&T cell bill, since we figured that Google Fi wouldn't count as wireless based on its historical coding.
Old May 8, 2020, 2:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist, AA, Delta, Southwest CP, Citi Prestige, MLife Platinum
when chatting they said it would count but I think it was a general answer for AT&T and not a specific answer to my case with the combo account.. I will check later in the month as then I can press the issue and/or make other payments if I need to.
Old May 8, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
I see AppleTV+ on the list of streaming services with a discount. How does this even work, doesn't apple charge the gift card balance first and if it isn't enough essentially does a top off?
Old May 8, 2020, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by ellinj
I see AppleTV+ on the list of streaming services with a discount. How does this even work, doesn't apple charge the gift card balance first and if it isn't enough essentially does a top off?
yes, gift card first
Old May 8, 2020, 8:08 pm

SM'd today asking why Google Fi isn't posting. They said it is one that is "not included". Lost out on an Amex offer for $55 back over three months of phone payments. Closed P2's platinum as we can't justify having two when we can't use the other benefits.
Old May 8, 2020, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
How does one turn off 1-click settings in Amazon? I don't see an option to disable it here:

Amazon Amazon
Old May 8, 2020, 11:17 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by UA Fan
How does one turn off 1-click settings in Amazon? I don't see an option to disable it here:

https://www.amazon.com/cpe/yourpayme...manageoneclick
You can't. Probably some disgruntled software engineer purposely left it off the last update. Takes the whole concept of buyers remorse to the next level. It's been gone for a few months now. Co-worker off mine said he was going to try and go around it by changing the payment method to one of those Visa gift cards with 0 or very little balance and then he was going to test it. Haven't ask him if it worked.
Old May 9, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
does ups or fedex or usps sell gift cards on cc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.