Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX Offer - Mortgage from Better.com w/ $2,500 statement credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Offer - Mortgage from Better.com w/ $2,500 statement credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2020, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by jags86
I just got my credit today. I did call and inquire last week and they said they had record of it and would attempt to expedite. The credit was backdated to 9/4 which was the first day of my current statement period.
I just checked and my credit is now showing up as well. I did log into better this morning and there was some post funding acknowledgement task i completed, so perhaps that is what was holding it up
Old Sep 29, 2020, 4:51 pm
umc

I refinanced with Better.com using the $2500 Amex deal and the loan was funded on 8/17. I have not received the $2500 credit from Amex. If I refinance with a different lender now, will I lose my $2500 credit with Amex. I am not sure if I have to stay with Better.com until I receive the credit.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 5:20 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I considered using the Better offer. However, I did not find their package to be very compelling in terms of what they offered me.

Ally offered me a much better package, which Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage ended up matching and exceeding. However, I lost the Amex bonus they gave out through Rocket Mortgage when I took the offer they gave me to beat Ally.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by umc
I refinanced with Better.com using the $2500 Amex deal and the loan was funded on 8/17. I have not received the $2500 credit from Amex. If I refinance with a different lender now, will I lose my $2500 credit with Amex. I am not sure if I have to stay with Better.com until I receive the credit.
You refinanced on 8/17 and are considering refinancing again??

In any event you’ll see upthread it routinely takes 2+ months for the credit to post.

Last edited by dpb132; Sep 29, 2020 at 9:04 pm Reason: Remove extraneously language
Old Sep 30, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
As noted above by myself and others it takes a solid 10 weeks to get your money. If you want to start a refinance process you could but I wouldn’t actually close until you get your $2500 as if it doesn’t show up before you close you may never get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.