Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refund for credit balance on account?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
I always request them by the phone ( due to all Covid refunds ) and I get them back in 2 business days. Last one I requested was last week.
Thanks for the data point, guess I'll call in.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by gengar
Anyone request a credit balance recently? I filed a request via payment dispute on the website and IIRC the confirmation message said I'd be contacted about it shortly, but it's been two weeks now. Others previously in this thread seemed to get processed faster. Does the amount matter?
Forgot to update this - I did wind up receiving the check so it appears it's processed without any notifications, despite the messaging on AMEX's website. I noticed the check was dated only a couple days after my request, so possibly there was a delay mailing it out or some USPS issue.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 11:26 am

Resurrecting this thread in hopes of some help, since the AmEx reps are inconsistent.

Originally Posted by econ
If you have other AmEx cards, you can also request to have a portion of the negative balance (credit) transferred over to offset any positive balances you may have.
Does anyone know if doing this (transferring a credit balance from one card to another card) will count as a payment rather than some kind of "dispute credit"? I have a substantial credit balance on one card and would like to move it to a card that has a balance owing, but since they seem to do it as a "dispute" (which is weird and confusing) I'm wondering if I'll get my MR points the same as if I'd made a normal payment directly to the destination account.

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.