Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Will Amex make any changes to airline "incidental" credits given Covid-19?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Amex make any changes to airline "incidental" credits given Covid-19?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Question Will Amex make any changes to airline "incidental" credits given Covid-19?

How can Amex continue to tout an airline "incidental" credit as a benefit of a card if airlines hardly fly any flights any more? Might they consider something like a "rollover" at least, where unused credit from 2020 will carry over to 2021?
notquiteaff and flyguy6 like this.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
....unused credit from 2020 will carry over to 2021?
It's still the first quarter. I don't think we have much basis to predict what travel will look like in the second half of the year.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by mia
It's still the first quarter. I don't think we have much basis to predict what travel will look like in the second half of the year.
May it be my friend that travel t is at least a little bit more than we currently have as we approach first quarter end.

Safe Travels
Old Mar 23, 2020, 12:17 pm

They've been trying to reduce their payout on this benefit for a couple years. They can quietly do nothing here to reduce their liability for it. They're not going to waste a chance to benefit here.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
They won’t, but they may have to pivot. The Platinum Card is all about travel benefits. If people are traveling less, they may have to consider other cards.

If I were up for renewal this month, I would probably downgrade to Gold not for the cash savings, but because the travel benefits would be so limited.
worldwidedreamer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.