Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hilton Aspire card - renewal Free Weekend Night Cert - lag?

Old Mar 4, 20, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat

Wondering if any data points out there regarding the Free Weekend Night cert issued at Aspire cardholder anniverary? And issuance of the cert lagging behind usual?
My anni date is 3/8. The last 2-3 years I got notice of my cert mid February with deposit by the end of the month. So far this year, no notice, no deposit, nothing.
Did Hilton chat, no new cert in my acct yet. Trip coming up next week. Nice time to be late......
Old Mar 4, 20, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan View Post
Wondering if any data points out there regarding the Free Weekend Night cert issued at Aspire cardholder anniverary? And issuance of the cert lagging behind usual?
My anni date is 3/8. The last 2-3 years I got notice of my cert mid February with deposit by the end of the month. So far this year, no notice, no deposit, nothing.
Did Hilton chat, no new cert in my acct yet. Trip coming up next week. Nice time to be late......
last yr, email / cert of mine came after more than 1 mo.; amex wants folks to pay AF
Old Mar 4, 20, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan View Post
The last 2-3 years I got notice of my cert mid February with deposit by the end of the month.
The Aspire card only debuted around January 2018, so if your anniversary date is in March, that means you are only on your second anniversary of the Aspire card! So you must confusing something if you think you got something "the last 2-3 years" with the Aspire card yet not this year, because you could have only had one anniversary prior to this year.

Are you perhaps confusing it with the Citi Hilton Reserve card which had a similar free weekend night cert, and existed before the January 2018 absorption of Citi HH cards into Amex?

Everyone else has been getting their Aspire free night cert a month or two after their renewal date.

I never had a Citi HH Reserve card so I don't know what that card's timing may have been.
Old Mar 5, 20, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Yeah your right. But excluding the old Citi Hilton card, I got my cert for the Aspire last year in February for a March card anni date. Appears maybe I was lucky then?
Old Mar 5, 20, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA, DL, B6 Mosaic, HH Diamond
My certificate was late in the fall of 2019. It was the first renewal of the Aspire card that was upgraded in the fall of 2018 from the Ascend card (or whatever the lower level card was called), before that it was the Citi Reserve card. So, figuring out the anniversary date is tricky. I called both Amex and Hilton several times. The last time I called Amex after their own deadline for issuing such a certificate expired: I was issued a certificate manually. It arrived in a day or two. Then a few days later another Hilton certificate arrived. I believe that was the one that was supposed to arrive automatically. Nonetheless, I quickly applied both of them for two nights at Conrad Tokyo and even finished my stay there last month.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: