Bonvoy brilliant AF date

Old Feb 13, 20, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Bonvoy brilliant AF date

I had a SPG card and the anniversary was around May. Last October I upgraded it to Bonvoy brilliant and the AF was prorated and posted on Nov 4th. I spent $200 and got reimbursed and totally forgot this card. Now I plan to use the rest of 100 but Iam confused about the date: do I have May to spend the rest of 100 or November? and when do I get FN? and when do I get AF? it was not very helpful talking with American representative: both said that the next AF will on Nov 4th. I thought it was too good to be true, which meant I only paid the half for the first year. I thought I read it somewhere that everything will start from May, the original SPG AF date but I could not find the thread. Can someone confirm which is correct? Thanks
Old Feb 14, 20, 2:04 am

I was in a similar situation. Your AF date will stay the same as your original SPG card so expect it to hit in May. In terms of the $300 annual Marriott credit, remember that your anniversary date is normally a month before your AF posts to your statement so you probably want to spend that $100 by April if your AF normally posts in May (just to be safe). The FN certificate will arrive 8-12 weeks after your AF posts (they normally post at the beginning of the month so for you I'd guess early July or early August depending on when in May your AF posts).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: