Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Will American Express add World of Hyatt to Its Platinum Card benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold

I have just read the news that Marriott Bonvoy continued devaluing its points by increasing the number of points required to redeem for a free night at most of its property. Then, Marriott also secretly took away the Silver and Gold Elite reservation hotlines.

I believe there really is no real benefits from the Marriott Gold status that was comped by having the American Express Platinum Card.

Is there any way that American Express can introduce World of Hyatt to its benefits and give American Express Platinum Card members free Explorist membership from Hyatt instead of having Marriott Gold which is useless? Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lesteryen
Is there any way that American Express can introduce World of Hyatt to its benefits and give American Express Platinum Card members free Explorist membership from Hyatt instead of having Marriott Gold which is useless? Thanks.
I doubt it. Chase has a pre-existing partnership with Hyatt, so I can't imagine them giving Amex a better deal than they do Chase, even if they contractually could. What's Explorist worth anyway? A 2nd free bottle of water? I appreciate Hyatt as much as the next point collector but since they revamped their program to award club certs at X number of nights you might as well be a nobody or a Globalist - there isn't much in between.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by lesteryen
I have just read the news that Marriott Bonvoy continued devaluing its points by increasing the number of points required to redeem for a free night at most of its property. Then, Marriott also secretly took away the Silver and Gold Elite reservation hotlines.

I believe there really is no real benefits from the Marriott Gold status that was comped by having the American Express Platinum Card.

In a word, no, Amex just signed long term teams with Marriott and Hilton

Marriott Gold does have value - namely the 25% increase in earnings (which is material if you do a lot of business travel at higher price hotels), 2 PM checkout, and occasional upgrades (I have gotten the odd suite upgrade)
Old Feb 14, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Hyatt Explorist, United Premier Silver
eyerollemoticon.gif
GTITAN likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
It’d be nice if AMEX would increase the transfer rate to Marriott to 1000:1500 or 1000:2000. Marriott points are about as valuable as Hilton points are now and Hilton transfers at 1000:2000 with bonuses making it 1000:3000 sometimes. No idea if they can do that without Chase agreeing to match or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.