Insider fares combined with Biz Plat 35% rebate

Old Feb 11, 20, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Insider fares combined with Biz Plat 35% rebate

Along with the great IAP fares that are on the Amex Travel website which have saved me thousands on business class tickets., they have Insider fares for AA and it now appears Delta. I just booked 4 tickets in economy to San Juan on AA using an AA insider fare that was like 12% cheaper than the fare on the AA site and will combine with the 35% Biz Plate rebate, and the flights will earn regular miles. To me, this makes Amex points even better than before.What do you guys think?
Old Feb 11, 20, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
IAP is great, but it doesn’t move the needle on the value you are getting for your points. The redemption rate and rebate is still the same.
Old Feb 11, 20, 1:12 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
IAP is great, but it doesn’t move the needle on the value you are getting for your points. .
It does IF the number of points needed for the flight is reduced.
Old Feb 11, 20, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia View Post
You said this much more clearly than I did. That is the beauty of these fares.
Old Feb 11, 20, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
No, it doesn’t. The fare is reduced under IAP whether you are paying cash or points.

The rate at which you redeem points is still $0.01 each, less a 35% rebate.

The fare itself might be a better deal, but nothing changes with respect to how good of a value you are getting from each MR point.
Old Feb 11, 20, 7:57 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
No, it doesn’t. The fare is reduced under IAP whether you are paying cash or points.

My recollection is that the Insider Fares mentioned by Valveking are only available if the entire fare is paid with points. This is separate from IAP.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Feb 12, 20, 9:48 am
Original Poster

My recollection is that the Insider Fares mentioned by Valveking are only available if the entire fare is paid with points. This is separate from IAP.
That is correct.
Old Feb 12, 20, 12:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, DL PM
You can call up plat travel services and book these fares with cash, plus a $40 phone ticketing fee. So the additional points value is simply the $40/ticket, meaning that additional points benefit becomes increasingly negligible as the overall cost of the fare increases. Saving $40 on a $100 fare is a big benefit; saving $40 on a $2500 fare is less remarkable.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: