Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
Please also include the daily rate paid.

Hotel:
Room Name/Type:
Check-in Day:
Check-in Time:

Upgrade:
Late Checkout:
Breakfast Credit:
Misc Credits:
Comment:
Rate Paid:
Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2020 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by mia
1. Yes

2. The $200 credit requires a ONE night if booking an FHR stay, or TWO nights if booking a THC stay. See here:

Amex $200 Hotel Credit (FHR or THC)

When I look at my benefits on the Business Platinum I see the $200 in airline fee credits but I don't show the $200 for an FHR stay. Are you sure that we also get a credit of $200 for an FHR stay just like the personal platinum?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:30 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by James Smith
.... Are you sure that we also get a credit of $200 for an FHR stay just like the personal platinum?
No. I understood "Does the FHR apply to the Platinum biz card?" to ask only if Business Platinum cards participate in the Fine Hotels & Resorts program. The $200 offer is only for personal cards.Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Last edited by mia; Apr 25, 2022 at 3:38 pm
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:04 pm

I stayed at the Delano earlier this month, and it didn't feel like a "fine" hotel or resort. The rooms were quite worn, restaurants were basic at best, and the overall experience didn't feel fine or special at all. I don't feel that the Delano should continue to qualify as an FHR property, compared to the other amazing properties that are deserving of the FHR designation.
bizum likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:41 pm

No resort fee with MGM gold

For the FHR hotel , other than Bellagio , is there any other hotel that would waive resort fee with the MGM gold status?

tia
Old Apr 29, 2022, 10:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Looks like Conrad is out of the FHR program.

I've read too many mixed experiences here but was considering it for a summer trip due to the outsized value of the gold and FHR benefits.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by metoo
For the FHR hotel , other than Bellagio , is there any other hotel that would waive resort fee with the MGM gold status?

tia
Waived resort fees is only with direct MGM Rewards bookings - getting them waived otherwise is just luck - or you've shown enough play for them to waive them.
Old May 1, 2022, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by kevinjm
Looks like Conrad is out of the FHR program.

I've read too many mixed experiences here but was considering it for a summer trip due to the outsized value of the gold and FHR benefits.
I have a reservation for Conrad in July. Maybe I’ll get upgraded to Crockford.
Old May 2, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by radiolarian
I have a reservation for Conrad in July. Maybe I’ll get upgraded to Crockford.

I have a reservation this June. Do we need to call Amex?
Old May 2, 2022, 2:09 pm

I have a stay booked for this weekend. I chatted with Amex, they called the Conrad, and the Conrad will honor the benefits since it was booked as an FHR stay.
radiolarian likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by willliamjia
I have a reservation this June. Do we need to call Amex?
i will give them a call this week.
Old May 4, 2022, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Looks like a bunch of properties went off FHR: Delano as well as Conrad, Venetian.

I can’t say that I blame them, $200 FHR credit + $100 F/B credit + breakfast for two isn’t going to be a moneymaker for AMEX or the hotel if the room rate is at or below $200, and at the right time of year rooms are cheap enough for that to be the case. The ones that have stayed like Crockfords, MGM Skylofts, Cosmo or W=A have higher room rates.
Old May 4, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Shame about Delano. That could really be a steal.

The waiver of resort fees for MGM Gold members has changed the game here quite a bit. Potentially significantly discounted room rates and $50 or more off per night from the waiver offset a lot of the benefits from an FHR booking (4:00 checkout being the biggest remaining benefit).
Old May 4, 2022, 10:04 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Yahtzee

The waiver of resort fees for MGM Gold members has changed the game here quite a bit. Potentially significantly discounted room rates and $50 or more off per night from the waiver offset a lot of the benefits from an FHR booking (4:00 checkout being the biggest remaining benefit).
And MGM will typically sell you late check-out on a direct booking, IIRC for around $50 on most that I've seen, if that is of value for a specific booking.
Old May 4, 2022, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Yahtzee

MGM usually has F/B offers too.

Originally Posted by bgriff
And MGM will typically sell you late check-out on a direct booking, IIRC for around $50 on most that I've seen, if that is of value for a specific booking.
Indeed they do.

I poked around and there are some nights where W=A/Bellagio are under or around $200 a night, so you could make a case for the F/B credit + breakfast + 4 pm checkout being a steal even if you're paying a $60 resort fee (and I guess since you've got Hilton Gold status from the Platinum card you can add in some extra $ for the daily F/B credit at the W=A), but THC has no Vegas hotels any more, and the FHR roster is down a lot (to hotels where the room rate most of the time is high enough to absorb a hit on F/B).
Old May 5, 2022, 2:16 am

I've read through this, and my notorious cheapskate fashion can't find the specific answers I'm looking for - so I wanted to see if any of you had some thoughts.

Staying at the Delano in late May with FHR (maybe! Lots of controversy about that on the interwebs if they'll honor FHR booked last year, but we did see the datapoint where one is getting it honored)

So over 3 days, I'll have $180 in breakfast credits. Does anyone know if they have to be staggered into $60 a day? Or if I used $90 2 days, if I would be good? Also, can it be used at any point in the day (i.e. late night room service?) or only during specific hours?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.