Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
Please also include the daily rate paid.

Hotel:
Room Name/Type:
Check-in Day:
Check-in Time:

Upgrade:
Late Checkout:
Breakfast Credit:
Misc Credits:
Comment:
Rate Paid:
Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2020 - 2023)

Old Jun 8, 2020, 6:35 pm

From a quick search on vegas FHR for September, Bellagio and Delano show. $100 food credit rather than spa.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 6:38 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
From a quick search on vegas FHR for September, Bellagio and Delano show. $100 food credit rather than spa.
Strip resort spas are closed now due to COVID, and it is unclear when they might reopen, so that may be part of the reason why.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 6:56 pm

That makes sense. Oddly, the Wynn and Cosmo still show spa for Next week. The others show resort credit through year end.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they switched back to spa credits after the spas open.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 3:23 pm

I checked in to Wynn last Thursday 6/4, the day they opened, booked with FHR and they asked me "do you want a $100 spa credit or do you want it switched to $100 resort food and bev credit?" I took the Food/Bev option, so at least for the time being they are giving you an option.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by PilotJoe91
I checked in to Wynn last Thursday 6/4, the day they opened, booked with FHR and they asked me "do you want a $100 spa credit or do you want it switched to $100 resort food and bev credit?" I took the Food/Bev option, so at least for the time being they are giving you an option.
Thats great to know. How was your stay? Did you book a tower suite and get upgraded?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by bizum
Thats great to know. How was your stay? Did you book a tower suite and get upgraded?
It was great. Five Star Wynn service like usual. I just booked the standard Resort King. They did "upgrade" me to a strip view on the 59th floor. It was very nice. Buffet was closed obviously, but everything else was open. Food was great. 10/10 highly recommend.
bizum likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 8:39 am

Sounds like the clubs and day parties/night swims are not open as well.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 6:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Angry Aria Sky Suites FHR Booking Report (NOT good)

Aria Sky Suites FHR booking

*Room was not available at 1PM (12PM checkin FHR benefit)
*Usual upgrade BS- from one "view" to a different "view". So, no upgrade. At Sky Suites, Panoramic or Penthouse are real, tangible, upgrades. View change is not an upgrade, it's marketing BS.
* FHR Extra Benefit was $100 F&B credit. I would have never booked if $100 Spa credit. Check in letter at front desk shows $100 Spa credit.

So after the first two problems, the spa credit set me off and I was pissed. While standing at front desk I called FHR. Provided all the verification info, wait while the FHR rep gets her boss and also calls Aria management. Wait, and wait and wait on hold. I moved to a chair in the lobby. Twenty minutes later an Aria manager somehow hops onto the line (conferenced in) and proceeds to start talking to me like a child about the FHR benefits (which I know by heart) to tell me I have a breakfast credit (wow, really???) and a $100 Spa credit and I blew my stack, stopped her right there. She says "wait, let me come back to you". Now, Thirty minutes later the FHR rep comes back on and says "yes! you were supposed to get $100 F&B credit!". Jesus....She then says she was waiting for Aria manager to come back on the call and she would call me back.

The reservation agent walks up to me in the lobby, advises an Aria manager advised, "yes, I was correct after all, I was supposed to get $100 F&B credit", and apologizes for "confusion" and they'd put an additional F&B credit on the folio to compensate for the monumental headache they have caused me, and, also that they had upgraded me to a Penthouse.

FHR rep call me back as I was walking towards the elevator to advise Aria manager was supposed to contact me to straighten things out. FHR rep notes "why did it have to be so difficult to get Aria Sky Suites to follow the FHR stated benefits?". Great question. Keep in mind occupancy there is running maybe 10-15%!

The one piece of good news: confirmed at checkin, the breakfast credit is daily, so for our one night reservation, we received breakfast credits for checkin day and check out day.

I am flat-out 100% spoiled rotten with Hyatt as a Globalist. Man, I have had never ending great stays at their properties all over the world. It's very, very rare to ever have to have a "discussion" with management. Aria Sky Suites used to be superb but as many MGM properties have, they've suffered from a customer service standpoint. FHR bookings have given me a string of disappointments, the properties just ignore the stated benefits. I see others have had better luck and I'm genuinely happy for you. I sure hope my next FHR booking turns around my bad luck streak.

End of story- when you are right and you know you are right and you did an FHR booking for specific benefits, if not provided or the property tries to weasel out then hold their feet to the fire and pitch a b1tch on the spot if you do not receive what you originally paid for. If everyone did this it might help to police the bad-actor properties.

Cheers!
hermitw likes this.

Last edited by LoungeLizardHugo; Jul 9, 2020 at 6:06 pm
Old Jul 9, 2020, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Aria Sky Suites FHR booking

*Room was not available at 1PM (12PM checkin FHR benefit)
* FHR Extra Benefit was $100 F&B credit. I would have never booked if $100 Spa credit. Check in letter at front desk shows $100 Spa credit.
1. 12pm check in and room upgrades are NOT guaranteed FHR benefits. Both are clearly specified as "when available" in the FHR program guidelines. You can be disappointed about not getting either but characterizing it as "problems" seems a bit unfair.
2. Most of the Las Vegas FHR properties have had to pivot from $100 spa credits to $100 F&B credits because of the pandemic situation. I'm not surprised that there was confusion on the hotel's part as this change was probably just made in the past week (Aria only reopened July 1). While I appreciate that the 30-minute delay to get it straightened out was frustrating, I think you need to cut the hotel some slack.
Tanic and IndyHoosier like this.

Last edited by mia; Jul 10, 2020 at 7:06 am Reason: Prune Quote for context.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by dpb132
1. 12pm check in and room upgrades are NOT guaranteed FHR benefits. Both are clearly specified as "when available" in the FHR program guidelines. You can be disappointed about not getting either but characterizing it as "problems" seems a bit unfair.
2. Most of the Las Vegas FHR properties have had to pivot from $100 spa credits to $100 F&B credits because of the pandemic situation. I'm not surprised that there was confusion on the hotel's part as this change was probably just made in the past week (Aria only reopened July 1). While I appreciate that the 30-minute delay to get it straightened out was frustrating, I think you need to cut the hotel some slack.
AmEx FHR and MGM chose to partner together to provide a value-added program for Plat/Cent card holders. There are specific guest benefits called out on the individual properties FHR web page for booking with this program. I choose my booking method and planned my stay around the benefits on offer. FHR rate is frequently/usually (much) higher in price than booking directly with the property, therefore if the benefits offered are not provided I'm paying more and getting less than I otherwise would have booking direct with the property.

I don't care what excuses are made at check-in for not providing the benefits I was led to expect. If you cannot act on your offer, then don't make the offer or make a counter-offer at check-in. It's just that straightforward and simple.
Thysk and hermitw like this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
<snip>
I don't care what excuses are made at check-in for not providing the benefits I was led to expect. If you cannot act on your offer, then don't make the offer or make a counter-offer at check-in. It's just that straightforward and simple.
Good luck in your travels for the immediate future; with that attitude you are going to be in for an ongoing world of disappointment.

Regards
Old Jul 10, 2020, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
Good luck in your travels for the immediate future; with that attitude you are going to be in for an ongoing world of disappointment.

Regards
Not been the case, no "world of disappointment" the past few hundred stays, several times per month, worldwide, the past few years so I don't need "luck". As I previously noted, it's been the rare exception for me to have problems at properties. But thanks for sharing your opinion about my stay review.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Not been the case, no "world of disappointment" the past few hundred stays, several times per month, worldwide, the past few years so I don't need "luck". As I previously noted, it's been the rare exception for me to have problems at properties. But thanks for sharing your opinion about my stay review.
The world has changed moderately in the last few months. Your experiences for the "past few hundred stays" over the "past few years" are largely irrelevant at this current point in time. Feel free to go review threads in Marriott, Hyatt, etc. forums to see first hand many of the changes which have taken place in terms of honoring of benefits. It is what it is.

We live in a new world for the moment; whether you like or approve of it is largely irrelevant.

Regards
Old Jul 10, 2020, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
The world has changed moderately in the last few months. Your experiences for the "past few hundred stays" over the "past few years" are largely irrelevant at this current point in time. Feel free to go review threads in Marriott, Hyatt, etc. forums to see first hand many of the changes which have taken place in terms of honoring of benefits. It is what it is.

We live in a new world for the moment; whether you like or approve of it is largely irrelevant.

Regards
Note to MOD- other poster has deemed this thread and new reviews on FHR Experience Las Vegas no longer relevant. Please close this thread to new submissions immediately.

It's no new world, it's the exact same old world where I exchange my money for a properties advertised and represented value proposition. My other stays at other properties within your "new" world paradigm were without incident.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Sky Suites service has always been awful IME - I'm not sure why anyone stays there who isn't on a comp. I'm reluctant to stay there even comped.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.