FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: UA only (2020) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/2002996-airline-fee-200-100-reimbursement-reports-ua-only-2020-a.html)

Corridor! Jan 1, 20 9:09 am

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: UA only (2020)

Purchased a lounge pass via the app and priority boarding on 12/28. We received the credit back on 12/31.

Duke787 Jan 1, 20 11:14 am

Any recent data points on award redeposit fees being reimbursed (did a quick search but didn't see any)?

Would go for DL (since that's who I fly almost exclusively) but lots of hoops to make something work and I do have to cancel a UA award ticket (x2) so if those are getting reimbursed might as well switch my Plat credit to UA this year instead of DL

arshi007 Jan 1, 20 12:03 pm

is there credit reversal on reimbursed baggage fees ?

Hi, I tried to look for any DP for this but didn't see anything explicitly mentioned in the thread. So my question is, if I purchase a refundable ticket, pre-pay for baggage fees separately to get the credit, and then after a while cancel the ticket. Does AmEx reverse the credit (if it's after a couple of month) ?

Just wondering if that is still an option or a no-go.

UsernameChuck Jan 2, 20 7:24 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 31895966)

Just to confirm the comment from Mia that the lounge pass that posted in 2019 did get credits and did not take $59 from available 2020 credits. Great!

zmicer88 Jan 2, 20 8:12 am

I am also looking for a similar DP. Anyone can share a recent experience pls?

Edit: Award cancellation fee

Flying Machine Jan 2, 20 9:58 am

Originally Posted by zmicer88 (Post 31899805)
I am also looking for a similar DP. Anyone can share a recent experience pls?

What is DP?

mia Jan 2, 20 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine (Post 31900218)
What is DP?

Data Point

arshi007 Jan 2, 20 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by veryseablue (Post 31860247)
Thanks. Any chance I will receive the $80 credit in a few days. It is too soon now?

any update on your credit posting ?

red grenadine Jan 3, 20 1:35 pm

So it seems that going forward the easiest way to use this credit is the following:

1. Book a fully refundable round trip ticket months out in advance
2. Add an animal to the flights, triggering $125x2 in pet fees
3. Get $200 reimbursement
4. Cancel entire flight, getting back flight cost + $250 in pet fees in one lump sum

Is this correct?

moe8555 Jan 3, 20 2:38 pm

This is so going to be RIP this year :(

mc0107 Jan 3, 20 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by red grenadine (Post 31905363)
So it seems that going forward the easiest way to use this credit is the following:

1. Book a fully refundable round trip ticket months out in advance
2. Add an animal to the flights, triggering $125x2 in pet fees
3. Get $200 reimbursement
4. Cancel entire flight, getting back flight cost + $250 in pet fees in one lump sum

Is this correct?

yes

CharlesC Jan 3, 20 9:17 pm

Can E+ on international flight trigger Amex reimbursement?
I purchased it at 1/1, and I only see code on the Amex dashboard is preferred seat upgrade.

lmwong1977 Jan 4, 20 2:07 am

Originally Posted by CharlesC (Post 31906719)
Can E+ on international flight trigger Amex reimbursement?
I purchased it at 1/1, and I only see code on the Amex dashboard is preferred seat upgrade.

You had me worried. So I checked my E+ purchases from April (NRT-HNL) and Amex has it listed as a preferred seat upgrade too - the section with your ticket number which you may not see until it posts - does list it as Economy Plus. It'll prob take a few days to post because of the New Year's holiday and weekend, otherwise you can call them to manually post the credit.

FYI: An actual upgrade in cabin shows up as Upgrade Charge with Premium Cabin in the extra data - this does not qualify for the credit.

But do let us know if it doesn't show up and/or Amex denies you.

everetl Jan 4, 20 2:09 pm

Award ticket fee's were working last year if I recall. I have one in since 1-Jan and waiting to see reimbursement.

JetSetDave Jan 5, 20 2:37 pm

Are award cancellation fees ($50 for UA Plat members) currently being reimbursed for 2020? Thanks!